Collaboration between heterogeneous systems and architectures is not an easy problem in the automation domain. By now, utilities and suppliers encounter real problems due to underestimated costs of technical solutions, frustration in selecting technical solutions relevant for local needs, and incompatibilities between a plenty of protocols and appropriate solutions. The paper presents research on creation of architecture of smart municipal systems in a local cloud of services that apply SOA and IoT approaches. The authors of the paper have developed a broker that applies orchestration services and resides on a gateway, which provides adapter and protocol translation functions, as well as applies a tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Lee J. Bagheri B. & Kao H.-A. (2015). A cyber-physical systems architecture for industry 4.0-based manufacturing systems. Manufacturing Letters 3 18-23.
2. Scholten B. (2007). The Road to Integration: A Guide to Applying the ISA-95 Standard in Manufacturing. ISA
3. Da Xu L. He W. & Li S. (2014). Internet of things in industries: A survey. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 10(4) 2233-2243.
4. Arrowhead Framework Wiki. Retrieved 12 September 2016 from https://forge.soa4d.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/arrowhead-f/index.php/MainPage
5. Blomstedt F. Ferreira L.L. Klisics M. Chrysoulas C. de Soria I.M. Morin B. Zabasta A. Eliasson J. Johansson M. & Varga P. (2014). The arrowhead approach for SOA application development and documentation. In IECON 2014 - 40th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society 29 October - 1 November 2014 (pp. 2631-2637). USA: Dallas.
6. Varga P. Blomstedt F. Lino Ferreira L. Eliasson J. Johansson M. Delsing J. & Martinez de Soria I (2016). Making system of systems interoperable - The core components of the arrowhead technology framework. Journal of Network and Computer Applications.
7. Shelby Z. Hartke K. & Bormann C. (2014). The constrained application protocol (CoAP).
8. Holm T. Christiansen L. Gring M. Jger T. & Fay A. (2012). ISO 15926 vs. IEC 62424 - Comparison of plant structure modelling concepts. In Proceedings of 2012 IEEE 17th International Conference on Emerging Technologies Factory Automation (ETFA 2012) 17-21 September 2012 (pp. 1-8). Krakow: Poland.
9. Delsing J. Rosenqvist F. Carlsson O. Colombo A. W. & Bangemann T. (2012). Migration of industrial process control systems into service oriented architecture. In IECON 2012 25-28 October 2012 (pp. 5790-5796). Canada: Montreal.
10. Delsing J. (Ed.) (2016). IoT Automation: Arrowhead Framework. CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group.
11. OASIS Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) Technical Committee Charter. Retrieved 16 October 2016 from https://www.oasisopen.org/committees/mqtt/charter.php.
12. Lampkin V. Leong W. T. Olivera L. Rawat S. Subrahmanyam N. & Xiang R. (2012). Building Smarter Planet Solutions with MQTT and IBM WebSphere MQ Telemetry. IBM.
13. MQ Telemetry Transport. Retrieved 16 October 2016 from http://mqtt.org/
14. Varga P. & Hegedus C. (2015). Service interaction through gateways for inter-cloud collaboration within the arrowhead framework conference. In 5th International Conference on Wireless Communications Vehicular Technology Information Theory and Aerospace & Electronics Systems (Wireless VITAE) 13-16 December 2015. India: Hyderabad. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287878312.
15. Open Energy Monitor Project. Node-RED. Retrieved 16 October 2016 from http://guide.openenergymonitor.org/integrations/nodered/.
16. Open Energy Monitor Project. Web-app for processing logging and visualizing energy temperature and other environmental data. Retrieved 16 October 2016 from https://emoncms.org/.