The present paper deals with the calibration method of interferometers with antennas having a small effective area, on the quasinoise signals of GLONASS and GPS navigation satellites. Algorithms for calculation of antenna coordinates and instrumental delay from the analysis of correlation interferometer response to signals of satellites in the near field of the instrument were reviewed. The method was tested in VLBI experiments on interferometers with medium and large baselines that included radio telescopes of NIRFI and VIRAC. The values of the antenna coordinates and instrumental delay with an error within the limits of one discrete were obtained. The sources of measurement errors and ways to improve the accuracy of results were analysed.
1. Schuh, H., and Behrend, D. (2012). VLBI: A fascinating technique for geodesy and astrometry. Journal of Geodynamics, 61, 68–80, DOI 10.1016/j.jog.2012.07.007.
2. Thompson, A.R., Moran, J.M., and Swenson, G.W. (2001). Interferometry and synthesis in radio astronomy. Second Edition. New York: Wiley.
3. Dugin, N.A., Nechaeva, M.B., Antipenko, A.A., Dement’ev, A.F., and Tikhomirov, Yu.V. (2011). Measurement of antenna parameters by signals from space satellites of the GLONASS and Navstar navigation systems. Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, 54 (3), 159–165.
4. Dugin, N., Antipenko, A., Bezrukovs, Vl., Gavrilenko, V., Dementjev, A., Lesins, A., Nechaeva, M., Shmeld, I., Snegirev, S., Tikhomirov, Yu., and Trokss, J. (2013). Radio interferometric research of ionosphere by signals of space satellites. Baltic Astronomy, 22 (1), 25–33.
5. Nečajeva, M., and Šmelds, I. (2015). VLBI pētījumi VeA IZI VSRC no 2010. līdz 2014. gadam. Ventspils Augstskolas Inženierzinātņu institūtam VSRC 20. Ventspils Augstskola, 2015, ISBN 978-9984-648-55-2, 246-260 (in Latvian).
6. Belikovich, V.V., Grach, S.M., Karashtin, A.N., Kotik, D.S., and Tokarev, Yu.V. (2007). The “Sura” facility: Study of the atmosphere and space (a review). Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, 50 (7), 497–526.