The present scientific paper is the first part of two publications, where the authors obtain results from the scientific research presented in a series of works on the development of the nanotechnologies and advanced materials industry in science and entrepreneurship in Latvia. The study has a focus on finding proper socioeconomic and technical indicators. It provides resume on a scope of the study. The paper contains the developed structure of engineering economic indicator system, determined groups of indicators for assessment of the development of nanotechnologies and advanced materials industry in Latvia and results of the evaluation of the obtained statistics on the economic indicators.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Geipele, I., Staube, T., Ciemleja, G., Zeltins, N., & Ekmanis, J. (2015). Identity of innovative multifunctional material manufacturing business in Latvia. Latvian Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 52 (4), 3–18. doi: 10.1515/lpts-2015-0019
2. Gholizadeh, H., Naeini, A. B., & Moini, A. (2015). A quantitative model of technological catch-up. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 4 (1), 233–243. doi: 10.14419/ijet.v4i1.4203
3. Dessi, C., & Floris, M. (2010). When management and customers see eye-to-eye: the agreement factor and performance. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 17 (1), 102–122. doi: 10.1108/14626001011019152
5. Becerra, M. (2009). Theory of the firm for strategic management economic value analysis, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. doi: 10.1017/CBO9780511626524
6. Parmenter, D. (2007). Key performance indicators: Developing, implementing, and using winning KPIs. 3rd ed. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons.
7. Cokins, G. (2004). Performance management: Finding the missing pieces (to close the intelligence gap). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.
8. Neely, A. (Ed.). (2002). Business performance measurement: Theory and practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
9. Epstein, M., & Manzoni, J. (Eds.). (2006). Performance measurement and management control improving organizations and society. Bingley: Elsevier JAI.
10. Franceschini, F., Galetto, M., & Maisano, D. (2007). Management by measurement: Designing key indicators and performance measurement systems. Torino: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. doi: 10.1007/978-3-540-73212-9
11. Geipele, I., Staube, T., Ciemleja, G., Geipele, S., Zeltins, N., & Ekmanis, J. (2015). The development and design of engineering economic indicator system for nanotechnology industry product manufacturing: A case study of Latvia. Latvian Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 52 (5), 3–19. doi: 10.1515/lpts-2015-0024.