In Part 2 of the work we describe a modified measuring system for precise monitoring of the dehydration process of bioethanol production. This is based on the earlier proposed system for measuring the concentration of solutions and two-liquid mixtures using devices with capacitive sensors (1-300pF), which provides a stable measuring resolution of ± 0.005 pF at measuring the capacitance of a sensor. In this part of our work we determine additional requirements that are to be imposed on the measuring system at monitoring the ethanol dehydration process and control of bioethanol production. The most important parameters of the developed measuring system are identified. An exemplary calculation is given for the thermocompensated calibration of measuring devices. The results of tests have shown a good performance of the developed measuring system.
1. Vilitis, O., Shipkovs, P., & Merkulovs, D. (2013). Determination of two-liquid mixture composition by assessing its dielectric parameters. 1. Precise measuring system. Latv. J. Phys. Tec. Sci., (4), 62-73.
2. Wei, J., Yue, C., Van der Velden, M., Chen, Z. L., Liu, Z. W., Makinwa, K. A. A., & Sarro, P.M. (2010). Design, fabrication and characterization of a femtofarad capacitive sensor for pico-liter liquid monitoring. Sensors and Actuators A, 162, 406-417.
3. Spitzer., P. Fisicaro, S., Seitz, S. & Champion, R. (2009). pH and electrolytic conductivity as parameters to characterise bioethanol. Accred. Qual. Assur., (4), 671-676. DOI 10.1007/s00769-009-0565-0, 671-676.
4. Rucins, A., Zihmane-Ritina, K., Bremers, G., Vilitis, O., Birzietis, G., Baltins, A. Skele, A. & Bergs, J. (2012). Exploration of technological equipment for bioethanol dehydration. Engineering for rural development, 24-25, 406- 411.
5. Bremers, G., Rucins, A., Baltins, A., Birzietis, G., Zihmane-Ritina, K., Skele, A. & Bergs, J. (2012). Device for semi-dry congruent dehydration of bioethanol. European patent application, EP 2 524 722 A1, 22.03.2012.
6. Seitz, S., Spitzer, P., Durbiano, F. & Jensen, H. (2012). Electrolytic conductivity as a quality indicator for bioethanol. XX IMEKO World Congress metrology for green growth, 1- 5.