The paper focuses on assessment the resistance of hot-sprayed coatings applied by HVOF technology (WC–Co–Cr created using powder of two different grain sizes) against erosive wear by dry-pot wear test in a pin mill at two sample angles. As these coatings are designated for the environment with varying elevated temperatures and often are in contact with the abrasive, the coatings have been subjected to thermal cyclic loading and their erosive resistance has been determined in as-sprayed condition and after the 5th and 10th thermal cycles. The corrosion resistance of coatings was evaluated by linear polarization (Tafel analysis).
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Tan J.C. Looney L. Hashmi M.S.J. Component repair using HVOF thermal spraying Journal of Materials Processing Technology1999 92-93 203-208.
2. Oksa M. et al. Optimization and Characterization of High Velocity Oxy-fuel Sprayed Coatings: Techniques Materials and Applications Coatings2011 1 17–52.
3. Nahvi S.M. Jafari M. Microstructural and mechanical properties of advanced HVOF-sprayed WC-based cermet coatings Surface and Coatings Technology2016 286 95–102.
4. Zhou W. et al. High temperature wear performance of HVOF-sprayed Cr3C2–WC–NiCoCrMo and Cr3C2–NiCr hardmetal coatings Applied Surface Science2017 416 33–44.
5. Bolelli G. et al. Cermet coatings with Fe-based matrix as alternative to WC–CoCr: Mechanical and tribological behavi-ours Surface and Coatings Technology2012 206 4079–4094.
6. Brezinová J. et al. Study of selected properties of thermally sprayed coatings containing WC and WB hard particles Acta Mechanica et Automatica2016 10 296–299.
7. Berger L.M. et al. Microstructure and Properties of WC–10%Co–4%Cr Sprayed Powders and Coatings: Part. Powder Characterization Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2001 10 311-325.
8. Brezinová J. et al. Microstructure Wear Behavior and Corrosion Resistance of WC–FeCrAl and WC–WB–Co Coatings Metals2018 8 399.
9. Brezinová J. et al. Quality Evaluation of HVOF Coatings on the Basis of WC–Co in Tribocorrosive Conditions Materials Science Forum2015 811 63–66.
10. Thakur L. et al. An investigation on erosion behavior of HVOF sprayed WC–CoCr coatings Applied Surface Science2011 258 1225–1234.
11. Cui S.Y. et al. Slurry Erosion Behavior of F6NM Stainless Steel and High-Velocity Oxygen Fuel-Sprayed WC–10Co– 4Cr Coating Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2017 26 473–482.
12. Landová M. Brezinová J. Determination of selected properties and fracture toughness of HVOF coatings Koroze a Ochrana Materialu2016 60 128–131.
13. Ojala N. et al. Wear performance of quenched wear resistant steels in abrasive slurry erosion Wear2016 354–355 21–31.
14. Yang G.J. Gao P.H. Li C.X. et al. Simultaneous strengthening and toughening effects in WC–(nanoWC–Co) Scripta Materialia2012 66 10 777-780.
15. Mi P. Zhao H. Wang T. Ye F. Sliding wear behavior of HVOF sprayed WC–(nano-WC–Co) coating at elevated temperatures Materials Chemistry and Physics2018 206 1-6.
16. Mottaghi M. Ahmadian M. Comparison of the wear behavior of WC/(FeAl-B) and WC–Co composites at high temperatures International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials2017 67 105–114.