The article is aimed at evaluation of chosen properties of thermally sprayed coatings based on tungsten carbide. It was evaluated two types of coatings – WC-FeCrAl and WC-WB-Co. The coatings were deposited on basic material steel AISI 316L. The aim of experimental works was to determine the quality and resistance of coatings in corrosion environment depending on number of thermal cycles. The quality of coatings was evaluated by determination of their adhesion depending on thermal cycles, determination of microhardness and indentation fracture toughness. Coatings were exposed in tribo-corrosion conditions with the presence of 1% NaCl. The results of experimental showed a higher quality of coating WC-WB-Co.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bolelli G. et al. Cermet coatings with Fe-based matrix as alternative to WC–CoCr: Mechanical and tribological behaviours. Surface and Coatings Technology2012, 206 (19), 4079–4094.
2. Sahraouia T. HVOF sprayed WC–Co coatings: Microstructure, mechanical properties and friction moment prediction, Materials & Design2010, 31, 1431–1437.
3. Mingheng L., Panagiotis D., Computational study of particle in-flight behavior in the HVOF thermal spray process. Chemical Engineering Science2006, 61, 6540-6552.
4. Landová M., Brezinová J., Guzanová A. Experimentálne hodnotenie adhézneho opotrebenia povlakov na báze WC-FeCrAl, Novus Scientia:Košice, 105–109, 2016. ISBN 978-80-553-2495-1
5. Murthya J.K.N. Effect of grinding on the erosion behaviour of a WC–Co–Cr coating deposited by HVOF and detonation gun spray processes, Wear2001, 294, 592–600.
6. Sahraouia T. et al. HVOF sprayed WC–Co coatings: Microstructure, mechanical properties and friction moment prediction, Materials & Design2010, 31, 1431–1437.
7. Żórawski W. The microstructure and tribological properties of liquid-fuel HVOF sprayed nanostructured WC–12Co coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology2013, 220, 276–281.
8. Landová M. et al. Diagnostics of degradation of surfaces treated by thermal spraying. In-service damage of materials, its diagnostics and prediction. Ternopiľ: TNTU Ternopiľ, 2015, 70–73. ISBN 978-966-305-073-7
9. Wood R.J.K., Tribology of thermal sprayed WC–Co coatings, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials2010, 28, 82–94.
10. Guzanová A. et al. Study of Selected Properties of Coatings Devoted to Extreme Tribo-Corrosive Conditions, Materials Science Forum2015, 32–36.
11. Kumar R.K. et al. Effect of Spray Particle Velocity on Cavitation Erosion Resistance Characteristics of HVOF and HVAF Processed 86WC-10Co4Cr Hydro Turbine Coatings, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2016, 1–14.
12. Bolelli G. et al. Properties of WC–FeCrAl coatings manufactured by different high velocity thermal spray processes, Surface and Coatings Technology2014, 25 74–89.
13. Houdková Š. et al. Effect of Heat Treatment on the Microstructure and Properties of HVOF-Sprayed Co-Cr-W Coating, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2016, 25, 546–557.
14. Houdková Š. et al. Indentační lomová houževnatosť žárových nástřiků, Sborník konference Lokální mechanické vlastnosti 2006, 70–78.