The article is aimed at evaluation of chosen properties of thermally sprayed coatings based on tungsten carbide. It was evaluated two types of coatings – WC-FeCrAl and WC-WB-Co. The coatings were deposited on basic material steel AISI 316L. The aim of experimental works was to determine the quality and resistance of coatings in corrosion environment depending on number of thermal cycles. The quality of coatings was evaluated by determination of their adhesion depending on thermal cycles, determination of microhardness and indentation fracture toughness. Coatings were exposed in tribo-corrosion conditions with the presence of 1% NaCl. The results of experimental showed a higher quality of coating WC-WB-Co.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bolelli G. et al. Cermet coatings with Fe-based matrix as alternative to WC–CoCr: Mechanical and tribological behaviours. Surface and Coatings Technology2012 206 (19) 4079–4094.
2. Sahraouia T. HVOF sprayed WC–Co coatings: Microstructure mechanical properties and friction moment prediction Materials & Design2010 31 1431–1437.
3. Mingheng L. Panagiotis D. Computational study of particle in-flight behavior in the HVOF thermal spray process. Chemical Engineering Science2006 61 6540-6552.
4. Landová M. Brezinová J. Guzanová A. Experimentálne hodnotenie adhézneho opotrebenia povlakov na báze WC-FeCrAl Novus Scientia:Košice 105–109 2016. ISBN 978-80-553-2495-1
5. Murthya J.K.N. Effect of grinding on the erosion behaviour of a WC–Co–Cr coating deposited by HVOF and detonation gun spray processes Wear2001 294 592–600.
6. Sahraouia T. et al. HVOF sprayed WC–Co coatings: Microstructure mechanical properties and friction moment prediction Materials & Design2010 31 1431–1437.
7. Żórawski W. The microstructure and tribological properties of liquid-fuel HVOF sprayed nanostructured WC–12Co coatings Surface and Coatings Technology2013 220 276–281.
8. Landová M. et al. Diagnostics of degradation of surfaces treated by thermal spraying. In-service damage of materials its diagnostics and prediction. Ternopiľ: TNTU Ternopiľ 2015 70–73. ISBN 978-966-305-073-7
9. Wood R.J.K. Tribology of thermal sprayed WC–Co coatings International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials2010 28 82–94.
10. Guzanová A. et al. Study of Selected Properties of Coatings Devoted to Extreme Tribo-Corrosive Conditions Materials Science Forum2015 32–36.
11. Kumar R.K. et al. Effect of Spray Particle Velocity on Cavitation Erosion Resistance Characteristics of HVOF and HVAF Processed 86WC-10Co4Cr Hydro Turbine Coatings Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2016 1–14.
12. Bolelli G. et al. Properties of WC–FeCrAl coatings manufactured by different high velocity thermal spray processes Surface and Coatings Technology2014 25 74–89.
13. Houdková Š. et al. Effect of Heat Treatment on the Microstructure and Properties of HVOF-Sprayed Co-Cr-W Coating Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2016 25 546–557.
14. Houdková Š. et al. Indentační lomová houževnatosť žárových nástřiků Sborník konference Lokální mechanické vlastnosti 2006 70–78.