This paper presents the results of research aimed to measuring the corrosion properties of EDDQ steel sheet. The strain amount influence to the corrosion properties of the steel sheet for drawn parts has been proven by the modern methods of corrosion monitoring such as Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy. Corrosion rate was assessed using electrochemical methods in 0.1 M solution of NaCl. Experimental studies have pointed out if strain amount increases the corrosion rate of the steel sheet increases too.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Vratna J. et al. Room temperature corrosion properties of AZ31 magnesium alloy processed by extrusion and equal channel angular pressing. J. Mater. Sci. 2013 48 4510-4516.
2. Bukovinova L. Hadzima B. Electrochemical characteristics of magnesium alloy AZ31 in Hank’s solution. Corros. Eng. Sci. Technol. 2012 47 352-357.
3. Jafari H. et al. EIS study of corrosion behavior of metallic materials in ethanol blended gasoline containing water as a contaminant Fuel 2011 90 1181-1187.
4. Mouanga M. Puiggali M. Devos O. EIS and LEIS investigation of aging low carbon steel with Zn-Ni coating Electrochim. Acta 2013 106 82-90.
5. Frącz W. Stachowicz F. Pieja T. Aspects of verifi cation and optimization of sheet metal numerical simulations process using the photogrammetric system Acta Metall. Slovaca 2013 19 51-59.
6. Slota J et al. The sensitivity of a photogram. method in formability analysis Acta Mechanica et Automatica 2013 7 117-123.
7. Barranco V. Feliu Jr. S. Feliu S. EIS study of the corrosion behaviour of zinc-based coatings on steel in quiescent 3% NaCl solution. Part 1: directly exposed coatings Corros. Sci. 2004 46 2203-2220.
8. Walkner S. Hassel A.W. Combined chemical and EIS study of the reaction of zinc coatings under alkaline conditions Electrochim. Acta 2014 131 130-136.