This paper is focused on the heteropoly acids as another new possibility of dopant for conducting polymers which can be used as anticorrosive pigments for steel protection. The newly prepared pigments, silicotungstic and phosphotungstic heteropoly acids, were characterized by determination of oil number and density. The value of critical pigment volume concentration was determinated by these values. The pigment volume concentration was 0.5; 1; 3 and 5 % in epoxyester-resin witch was used as a binder. Organic coatings were applicated on steel panels which were tested by mechanical and corrosion tests. The main exam was exposition of testing sample in sulphur dioxide atmosphere. Another important exam was measuring the specific electrical conductivity and determination of corrosion loss. After 1584 hours, the samples were evaluated. Values of anticorrosion efficiency are increased for silicotungstic heteropoly acid pigment. But with long-term exposition, phosphotungstic heteropoly acid pigment has better and higher anticorrosion efficiency than the other sample.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Schauer T.; Joos A.; Dulog L.; Eisenbach D.: Protection of iron against corrosion with polyaniline primes. Prog. Org. Coat. 1998 33 20-27.
2. World Steel Association Belgium. www.worldsteel.org (accessed Sept 23 2016).
3. Deshpande P.; Jadhav N.; Gelling V.; Sazou D.: Conducting polymers for corrosion protection: a review. J. Coat. Technol. Res. 2014 11 473-494.
4. Kalendova A.; Rysanek P.; Nechvilova K.: Investigation of the anticorrosion efficiency of ferrites Mg1-xZnxFe2O4 with different particle morphology and chemical composition in epoxy-ester resin-based coatings. Prog. Org. Coat. 2015 86 147-163.
5. Yang X.; Li B.; Wang H.; Hou B.: Anticorrosion performance of polyaniline nanostructures on mild steel. Prog. Org. Coat. 2010 69 267-271.
6. Kohl M.; Kalendova A.: Effect of polyaniline salts on the mechanical and corrosion properties of organic protective coatings. prog. Org. Coat. 2015 86 96-107.
7. Navarihian A.; Joulazzadeh M.; Karimi F.: Investigation of corrosion protection performance of epoxy coatings modifi ed by polyaniline/clay nanocomposites on steel. Prog. Org. Coat. 2014 77 347-353.
8. Montheo A. J.; Santos Jr. J. R.; Venancio E. C.; Mattoso L. H. C.: Infl uence of different types of acidic dopant on the elecrtodeposition and properties of polyaniline films. Polymer 1998 39 (26) 6977-6982.
9. Sun J.; MacFarlane D. R.; Forsyth M.: Characterization of a proton conductor based on silicotungstic acid. Electrochemia Acta 2001 46 1673-1678.
10. Kozhevnikov I. V.: Catalysis by heteropoly acids and multicomponent polyoxometalates in liguid-phase reactions. Chem. Rev. 1998 98 171-198.
11. Noritaka M.; Makoto M.: Heterogeneous Catalysis. Chemical Reviews 1998 98 199-217.
12. Chakrabarty M.; Mukherji A.; Mukherjce R.; Arima S.; Harigaya Y. A.: Keggin heteropoly acid as an effi cient catalyst for an expeditious one-pot synthesis of 1-methyl-2-(hetero)arylbenzimidazoles.Tetraherdon Letters 2007 48 5239-5242.
13. Monopoli V. D.; Pizzio L. R.; Blanco M. N.: Polyvinyl alcohol-polyethylenglycol blends with tungstophosphoric acid addition: Synthesis and characterization. Mater. Chem. Phys. 2008 108 331-336.
14. Choi J. H.; Kang T. H.; Song J. H.; Bang Y.; Song I. K.: Redox behavior and oxidation catalysis of HnXW12O40 (X = Co2+ B3+ Si4+ and P5+) Keggin heteropolyacid catalysts. Catalysis Communications 2014 43 155-158.
15. Nikoofar K. Silicotungstic acid (H4SiW12O40): An effi cient Kegging heteropoly acid catalyst fot the synthesis of oxindole derivates. Arabien Journal of Chemistry 2014 139 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2014.07.008.
16. Huang M. Y.; Han X. X.; Hung Ch. T.; Lin J. C.; Wu P. H.; Wu J. C.; Liu S. B.: Heteropolyacid-based ionic liquids as effi cient homogeneous catalysts for acetylation of glycerol. J. Catal. 2014 47 42-51.
17. Mosa J.; Duran A.; Aparicio M.: Epoxy-polystyrenesilica sol-gel membranes with high proton conductivy by combination of sulfonation andtungstophosphoric acid doping. J. Membr. Sci. 2010 36 135-142.
18. Xu Y. D.: Journal East China Inst. Chemical Technology 1981 2 13.