The paper deals with electrochemical deposition of coatings of highly entropic alloys. These relatively new materials have been recently intensively studied. The paper describes the first results of electrochemical coating with highly entropic alloys by deposition from non-aqueous solutions. An electrochemical device was designed and coatings were deposited. The coatings were characterised with electronic microscopy scanning, atomic absorption spectrometry and X-ray diffraction methods and the combination of methods of thermic analysis of differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetry.
1. Zhang Y. et al. Microstructures and properties of high entropy alloys, Progress in Materials Science2014, 61, 1-93.
2. Yeh J.W. Recent progress in high-entropy alloys, Annales de Chimie-Science des Matériaux2006, 31, 633-648.
3. Yang X., Zhang Y. Prediction of high-entropy stabilized solid-solution in multi-component alloys, Materials Chemistry and Physics2012, 132, 233-238.
4. Guo S. et al. More than entropy in high-entropy alloys: Forming solid solutions or amorphous phase, Intermetallics2013, 41, 96-103.
5. Zhou Y.J. et al. Solid solution alloys of AlCoCrFeNiTix with excellent room-temperature mechanical properties, Applied Physics Letters2007, 90, 181904.
6. Wang X.F. et al. Novel microstructure and properties of multicomponent CoCrcuFeNuTix alloys, Intermetallics2007, 15, 357-362.
7. Tsai C.W. et al. Effect of temperature on mechanical properties of Al0.5CoCrCuFeNi wrought alloy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds2010, 490, 160-165.
8. Senkov O.N. et al. Mechanical properties of Nb25Mo25Ta25W25 and V20Nb20Mo20Ta20W20 refractory high entropy alloys, Intermetallics2011, 19, 698-706.
9. Hemphill M.A. et al. Fatigue behavior of Al0.5CoCrCuFeNi high entropy alloys, Acta Materialia2012, 60, 5723-5734.
10. Chuang M.H. et al. Microstructure and wear behavior of AlxCo1.5CrFeNi1.5Tiy high-entropy alloys, Acta Materialia2011, 59, 6308-6317.
11. Wu J.M. et al. Adhesive wear behavior of AlxCoCrCuFeNi high-entropy alloys as a function of aluminum content, Wear2006, 261, 513-519.
12. Chen S.K., Kao Y.F. Near-constant resistivity in 4.2-360 K in a B2 Al2.08CoCrFeNi, AIP Advances2012, 2, 012111-5.
13. Zhai Q., Xu J. High-entropy alloy solder for welding hard alloy and steel and preparation method thereof, Patent CN101554686, Oct 14, 2009.
14. Lee C.P. et al. The effect of boron on the corrosion resistance of the high entropy alloys Al0.5CoCrCuFeNiBx, Journal of The. Electrochemical. Society2007, 154, C424-C430.
15. Chen Y.Y. et al. Microstructure and electrochemical properties of high entropy alloys – a comparison with type-304 stainless steel, Corrosion Science2005, 47, 2257-2279.
16. Braic V. et al. Characterization of multi-principal-element (TiZrNbHfTa)N and (TiZrNbHfTa)C coatings for biomedical applications, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials2012, 10, 197-205.
17. Tsai M.H., Yeh J.W., Gan J.Y. Diffusion barrier properties of AlMoNbSiTaTiVZr high-entropy alloy layer between copper and silicon, Thin Solid Films2008, 516, 5527-5530.
18. Zhang Y., Ma S.G., Qiao J.W. Morphology transition from dendrites to equiaxed grains for AlCoCrFeNi high-entropy alloys by copper mold casting and Bridgman solidification, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A2012, 43A, 2625-2630.
19. Zhang H., Pan Y., He Y. Effects of annealing on the microstructure and properties of 6FeNiCoCrAlTiSi high-entropy alloy coating prepared by laser cladding, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology2011, 20, 1049-1055.
20. Varalakshmi S., Kamaraj M., Murty B.S. Formation and stability of equiatomic and nonequiatomic nanocrystalline CuNiCoZnAlTi high-entropy alloys by mechanical alloying, Metallurgical and. Materials Transactions A2010, 41A, 2703-2709.
21. Chang S.Y. et al. Mechanical properties, deformation behaviors and interface adhesion of (AlCrTaTiZr)Nx multicomponent coatings, Surface & Coatings Technology2010, 204, 3307-3314.
22. Lin M.I. et al. Evolution of structure and properties of multi-component (AlCrTaTiZr)Ox films, Thin Solid Films2010, 518, 2732-2737.
23. Li H. et al. Controllable electrochemical synthesis and magnetic behaviors of Mg-Mn-Fe-Co-Ni-Gd alloy films, Journal of Alloys and Compounds2014, 598, 161-165.
24. Yao C.Z. et al. Electrochemical preparation and magnetic study of Bi-Fe-Co-Ni-Mn high entropy alloy, Electrochimica Acta2008, 53, 8359-8365.
25. Yao C.Z. et al. Electrochemical synthesis and magnetic studies of Ni-Fe-Co-Mn-Bi-Tm high entropy alloy film, Chemical Research in Chinese Universities2010, 26, 640-644
26. Yao C.Z. et al. Facile preparation and magnetic study of amorphous Tm-Fe-Co-Ni-Mn multicomponent alloy nanofilm, Journal of Rare Earth2011, 29, 133-137.
27. Tanasković V., Pašti I., Mentus S. Polycrystalline platinum rotating disc electrode study of the liquid system 0.2 M LiClO4-H2O-DMSO in nitrogen and oxygen atmosphere, International Journal of Electrochemical Science2013, 8, 6243-6251.