This concise study analyses the symmetry of financial markets’ responses to macroeconomic policy interaction in the United Kingdom. Employing the Vector Auto-regression (VAR) model on monthly data of the British financial sector and macroeconomic policies from January 1985 to August 2008, this study found that the equity and sovereign debt markets showed identical symmetry in response to macroeconomic policy interaction.
14. Funke, M. Paetz, M., Pytlarczyk, E. 2010. Stock market wealth effects in an estimated DSGE model for Hong Kong, Economic Modelling, 28, 316 – 334.
15. GULLEY, O. D. SULTAN, J. (2003), ‘The Link between Monetary Policy and Stock and Bond Markets: Evidence from the Federal Funds Futures Contract’, Applied Financial Economics, 13, pp. 199–209.
16. HAUTSCH, N. KYJ, L. M. MALEC, P. (2011), ‘The Merit of High-Frequency Data in Portfolio Allocation’, SFB 649, Discussion Papers 2011-059.
17. JANSEN, D. W. LI, Q. WANG, Z., YANG, J. (2008), ‘Fiscal Policy and Asset Markets: A Semi-parametric Analysis’, Journal of Econometrics 147, pp. 141-150.
18. JOHNSON, R.R. BUETOW, G. W., JENSEN, G. R. REILLY, F. K. (2003), ‘Monetary Policy and Fixed Income Returns’, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 43, pp. 133–146.
19. Khorasgani, H. S. (2010), Financial Instability and Optimal Monetary Policy Rule, FIW Working Paper No 42
20. Leeper, E. (1993), The Policy Tango; towards a holistic view of monetary and fiscal effects, Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, 78, pp 1-27.
21. Malikane, C. Semmler, W. (2008), Asset Prices, Output and monetary policy in a small open economy, Metroeconomica, 59, pp. 666 – 686.
22. MUSCATELLI, A. TIRELLI, P. TRECROCI, C. (2004), ‘Fiscal and Monetary Policy Interactions: Empirical Evidence and Optimal Policy Using a Structural New-Keynesian Model’, Journal of Macroeconomics 26, pp. 257–280.
23. NASIR, M. A. SOLIMAN, A. M. (2014), ‘Aspect of Policy Combination & Effects on Financial Markets’, Economic Issues, 19, pp. 92 – 118.
24. PAULSON, J. W. (2013), ‘Facing the Portfolio Allocation Decision, Economic & Market Perspective Update’, Wells Capital Management.
25. PECICAN, E.S. (2010), ‘Forecasting Based on Open VAR Model’, Romanian Journal of Economic Forecasting, Institute of Economic Forecasting, 13, pp. 59-69.
26. Pindyck, R.S. Rubinfeld, D. L. (1997), Econometric Models and Econometric Forecasts”, Irwin McGraw Hill.
27. PORQUERAS, P. G. ALVA, A. P. (2010), ‘Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policies in a Search Theoretic Model of Monetary Exchange’, European Economic Review, 54, pp. 331–344.
28. SARGENT, T. S. WALLACE, N. (1981), ‘Some Unpleasant Monetarist Arithmetic’, Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
29. SIMS, C. A. (2011), ‘Stepping on a Rake: The Role of Fiscal Policy in the Inflation of the 1970s’, European Economic Review, 55, pp. 48–56.
30. TAVARES, J. VALKANOV, R. (2003), ‘The Neglected Effect of Fiscal Policy on Stock and Bond Returns’, EFA 2003 Annual Conference Paper No. 201.
31. Zubairy, S. (2009), On Fiscal Multipliers: Estimates from a Medium Scale DSGE Model, Bank of Canada, Bank of Canada Working Paper 2010-30