Cloud computing is a recent advancement wherein IT infrastructure and applications are provided as ‘services’ to end-users under a usage-based payment model. The aim of this paper is to describe and evaluate CloudSim: a new generalized and extensible simulation framework that enables seamless simulation, and experimentation of emerging cloud computing infrastructures and management services.
1. Buyya, R., R. Ranjan et al. InterCloud: Utility-oriented Federation of Cloud Computing Environments for Scaling of Application Services. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, Busan, South Korea, 2010, 328-336.
2. Calheiros, R., R. Ranjan, A. Beloglazov, C. A. F. De Rose, and R. Buyya. CloudSim: A Toolkit for Modeling and Simulation of Cloud Computing Environments and Evaluation of Resource Provisioning Algorithms. Software: Practice and Experience (SPE), 41, January 2011, Number 1, 23-50, ISSN: 0038-0644, New York, USA, Wiley Press.
3. Chappell, D. Introducing the Azure Services Platform. White Paper, October 2008.
4. Mell, P., and T. Grance. The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing. NIST Special Publication 800-145, 2011.
5. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). Available at: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
6. Google App Engine. Available at: http://appengine.google.com.