The paper presents the design and implementation of a Model Predictive Control (MPC) scheme of a laboratory heatexchange process with a significant time delay in the input-output path. The optimization problem formulation is given and an MPC control algorithm is designed, achieving integral properties. Details, related to the practical implementation of the control law are discussed and the first experimental results are presented.
1. Maciejowski, J. Predictive Control with Constraints. Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. Morari, M. Predicting the Future of Model Predictive Control. Systems and Process Control Centennial Session, 2008 Annual AIChE Mtg, 2008.
3. Maeder, U. Augmented Models in Estimation and Control. DSc Dissertation ETH Zurich, 2010, No. 19278.
4. Faanes, A., S. Skogestad. Offset-Free Tracking of Model Predictive Control with Model Mismatch: Experimental Results. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 44 (11), 2005, 3966-3972, DOI:10.1021/ie049422y.
5. Boyd, St., L. Vandenberghe. Convex Optimization. Cambridge University Press, 2004.