Agri-environment measures are a key element for the integration of environmental concerns into the Common Agricultural Policy. They are designed to encourage farmers to protect and enhance the environment on their farmland by paying them for the provision of environmental services. Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 introduced an agri-environmental measure for multifunctional field margins (biostrips on arable land), which contributes to increasing biodiversity, to protection of basic environmental elements and it also serves as prevention for climate change. Since so far no farmer asked the Agricultural Paying Agency for commitment, the objective of the paper was to assess the design and accuracy of calculation of the agri-environmental and climatic measure - the multifunctional field margins in the conditions of Slovakia. The research results show that the calculation methodology is incorrectly set and it does not compensate for the farmer’s loss on farm yields.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Act No. 220/2004 Coll. on protection and sage of agricultural land as amended.
2. Act No. 597/2006 Coll. on the authority of state administration bodies in the area of plant varieties registration and introduction of plant reproduction material to the market.
3. BATÁRY P. et al. 2015. The role of agri–environment schemes in conservation and environmental management. Conservation Biology. DOI: 10.1111/cobi.12536. [cit. 2015–10–26]. Available online: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cobi.12536/full.
4. Council Regulation (EEC) No. 797/85 of 12 March 1985 on improving the efficiency of agricultural structures.
5. Council Regulation (EEC) No. 2078/92 of 30 June 1992 on agricultural production methods compatible with the requirements of the protection of the environment and the maintenance of the countryside.
6. Decree of the Government of the Slovak Republic No. 342/2014 Coll. that lays down the rules for granting support in agriculture in relation to the schemes of decoupled direct payment as amended.
7. Decree of the Government of the Slovak Republic No.75/2015 laying down the rules for providing support related to measures of the Rural Development Programme.
8. EUROPEAN COMMISSION. 2010. The CAP towards 2020: meeting the food natural resources and territorial challenges of the future 18/11/2010 COM/2010/0672 final Brussels.
9. EUROPEAN COMMISSION. n.a. Agriculture and Rural Development. Agro–environmental measures. [cit. 2018–03–24]. Available online http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/envir/measures/index_en.htm.
10. EUROPEAN COMMISSION. 2005. Agri–environment Measures Overview on General Principles Types of Measures and Application. [cit. 2017–10–24]. Available online: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/publi/reports/agrienv/rep_en.pdf.
11. FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANISATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS. The Approach – Facing the Challenge. [cit. 2017–10–26]. Available online: http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/x3810e/x3810e04.htm.
12. GEODESY CARTOGRAPHY AND CADASTRE AUTHORITY OF SLOVAK REPUBLIC (Úrad geodézie kartografie a katastra Slovenskej republiky). 2018. Štatistická ročenka o pôdnom fonde podľa údajov z katastra nehnuteľností k 01.01.2018. Bratislava: Úrad geodézie kartografie a katastra Slovenskej republiky. ISBN 978–80–89831–06–7.
13. INTOSAI WORING GROUP ON ENVIRONMENTAL AUDITING (WGEA). 2013. Land Use and Land Management Practices in Environmental Perspective. ISBN 978–9949–9061–9–2 (PDF).
14. MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT OF THE SR. 2014. Akčný plán pre implementáciu opatrení vyplývajúcich z aktualizovanej národnej stratégie ochrany biodiverzity do roku 2020. [cit. 2015–10–26]. Available online: http://www.minzp.sk/files/oblasti/ochrana–prirody–a–krajiny/biodiverzita/1_vlastny_ap–biod_aug_2014.pdf.
15. Regulation of the European Parliament and Council (Eu) No. 1305/2013 of 17 December 2013 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and repealing Council Regulation (EC) 1698/2005.
16. Regulation (EU) No. 1306/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 on the financing management and monitoring of the common agricultural policy.
17. Regulation (EU) No. 1307/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 establishing rules for direct payments to farmers under support schemes within the framework of the common agricultural policy.
18. RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME OF THE SR 2014–2020. [cit. 2017–10–26]. Available online: http://www.mpsr.sk/index.php?navID=47&sID=43&navID2=935.