Direct payments belong to one of the main supporting instruments of EU agricultural sector representing the support of farmers´ income. In the new programming period (2014-2020) there is a transition from full decoupling to targeting of direct payments. Strong emphasis will be given especially on environmental aspects representing by „greening“. The aim of the paper is to describe and review the Legal regulation of direct payments at both EU and Slovak republic level. Comparison of the amount of direct payments in 2007-2013 and 2014-2020 is also being presented. Finally selected problems in direct payments implementation are introduced and discussed
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Act No 543/2007 Coll. on the competence of state administration authorities in providing support for agriculture and rural development as amended.
2. Council Regulation (EC) No 73/2009 of 19 January 2009 establishing common rules for direct support schemes for farmers under the common agricultural policy and establishing certain support schemes for farmers, amending Regulations (EC) No 1290/2005, (EC) No 247/2006, (EC) No 378/2007 and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1782/2003.
3. HARVEY, D. - JAMBOR, A. (2010) Review of the challenges of CAP reform, Centre for Rural Economy Discussion Paper Series
4. EUROPEAN COMISSION (2013) Agricultural Policy Perspectives Brief N°5* / December 2013. Overview of CAP Reform 2014-2020.
5. Guidelines to Government Regulation No 342/2014 Coll. it lays down the rules for granting support in agriculture in relation to the schemes of decoupled direct payments.
6. Government Regulation No 342/2014 Coll. that lays down the rules for granting support in agriculture in relation to the schemes of decoupled direct payment as amended.
7. Government Regulation no. 36/2015 Coll. laying down the rules for granting support in agriculture in relation to the coupled scheme of direct payments.
8. Government Regulation No 152/2013 Coll. on the conditions for granting subsidies in agriculture in the form of transitional national payments, as amended.
9. JAHNATEK, Ľ. (2015). Program rozvoja vidieka: fi nancovanie slovenskeho poľnohospodarstva, potravinarstva a rozvoja vidieka v programovom obdobi 2014 - 2020. Seminar in Nitra, 6.3.2015.
10. SCHWARCZ, P. et. al. (2012) The reform of the CAP in framework of the system of direct payment s. In: Ekonomika poľnohospodarstva, No. 12, vol. 2 (2012), p. 20-30. ISSN 1338-6336.
11. Regulation (EU) No 1306/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 december 2013 on the fi nancing, management and monitoring of the common agricultural policy and repealing Council Regulations (EEC) No 352/78, (EC) No 165/94, (EC) No 2799/98, (EC) No 814/2000, (EC) No 1290/2005 and (EC) No 485/2008.
12. Regulation (EU) No 1307/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 establishing rules for direct payments to farmers under support schemes within the framework of the common agricultural policy and repealing Council Regulation (EC) No 637/2008 and Council Regulation (EC) No. 73/2009.
13. Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.