LEADER approach represents one of the basic pillars of current rural development policy implemented at the European level. Logical foundation of the approach is based on 7 key features, which should be horizontally presented throughout the whole delivery mechanism. That is why the presented paper is oriented on answering the research question: to what extent was delivery mechanism of LEADER (at the level of managing authority and local action groups) during the programming period 2007-2013 supporting the implementation of 7 features of LEADER approach. In order to fulfi l the stated objective there must be individual steps of delivery mechanism defi ned at both levels, consequently all the features of LEADER approach were described and the criteria of success - benchmarks were determined. Mutual linking of these steps resulted in creation of an implementation matrix what represents a visual outcome of the study.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. EUROPEAN COMMISSION. 2006. LEADER Approach - basic guidlines [online], [cit. 2015-01-21]. ISBN 92-79-02058-7. Available online: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/rur/leaderplus/pdf/library/methodology/leader_approach_sk.pdf.
2. HRABOVSKA, Z. - VAĽOVSKA, Z. 2014. Regionalna ekonomika a rozvoj II. (Regional Economics and Development II.) (selected chapters). Košice: Univerzita Pavla Jozefa Šafarika v Košiciach, pp. 234. ISBN 78808152224.
3. JANKOVIČ, D. 2012.Territorial Approaches to Regional Rural Development. In Economics of Agriculture, no. 4/2012, pp. 675- 688. UDC: 332.122:338.43.
4. COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No. 1698/2005 on Support for Rural Development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
5. Rural Development Programme SR 2007 - 2013.
6. SHUCKSMITH, M., THOMSON, K. J., ROBERTS, D. 2005. The CAP and the regions - Territorial impact of the common agricultural policy. Oxfordshire: CABI Publishing.
7. TVRDOŇOVA, J. 2014. The Case study: „Ex post evaluation of Leader approach delivery” - Final report [online], [cit. 2015-01-12]. Available online: http://www.fesrr.uniag.sk/tl_files/fesrr/documents/IMRD/IMRD%20CS%202014%20-%20Final%20Report.pdf.
8. VOLK, A.- BOJNEC, Š.. 2014. Local action groups and the LEADER co-fi nancing of rural development projects in Slovenia. In Agricultural Economics, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 364-375. ISSN 0139570X.
9. ZAJDA, K. 2014. Problems of functioning of Polish local action groups from the perspective of the social capital concept. In Eastern European Countryside, no. 20/2014, pp. 73 - 97. ISSN 2300-8717.