The aim of this paper is to review the development of land tenure process in Uzbekistan from the times of socialism up to current days. Based on the results of the analysis we found out that structure of land tenure in Uzbekistan before 1917 was different. After the implementation of the agrarian reforms in December 1925 by Soviet government, the land was nationalized in Uzbekistan. However, during transition period the structure of land tenure after the establishment of new land reforms was significantly diversified in Uzbekistan. Success of the land reforms is very important for Uzbekistan in providing stable growth in the country. Given analysis is based on data from official statistical organizations, international organizations and other research materials.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bloch P. C. Agrarian reform in Uzbekistan and other Central Asian Countries. 2002. Working paper No.49. Land tenure Center. University of Wisconsin-Madison. Page 6 12.
2. Csáki C. - Forgács C. 2008. Agriculture in Central and Eastern Europe. After One Half Decade of Transformation. In Proceedings of a Joint IAAE-EAAE Seminar (Volume I). Leibniz: Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe 2008 pages 4 - 7.
3. Djanibekov N - Lamers JPA - Bobojonov I. 2010. Land consolidation for increasing cotton production in Uzbekistan: Also adequate for triggering rural development? In: Labar K Petrick M Buchenrieder G (eds.): Challenges of education and innovation. Proceedings of the Fourth Green Week Scientific Conference. IAMO Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in
Central and Eastern Europe Vol. 56 Halle 140 — 149.
4. Eckert J. - Elwert G. (1995). Land Tenure in Uzbekistan. Study for the Guiding Principles: Land Tenure in Development Cooperation. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zuzammenarbeit (GTZ).
5. Ghai D. P. - Khan A. - Lee-Radwan 1979. Agrarian system and rural development. London: Macmillan 1979. 375 p. ISBN 0-333-27343-5.
6. Griffin K. - Aziznur R. K. - Ickowitz A. 2001. Poverty and the Distribution of Land [online] 2001. [cit. 2001-04-29]. Available on the internet: http://economics.ucr.edu/papers/ papers00/00-09.pdf
7. Hojamuradov U. R. 2013. Formation and development of the farming movement of Uzbekistan. Journal of Scientific publications and post-graduate students. ISSN 1991-3087. 10.10.2006.
8. Lerman Z. 1996. Land Reform in Uzbekistan. In Wegren S. K. Land Reform in Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Taylor and Francise 1996 p. 156 - 157. ISBN 0-203-44857-x.
9. Lerman Z. 2008. Agricultural Development in Uzbekistan.
10. The Effect of Ongoing Reforms. Discussion Paper No. 7.08. Pages 4-5. http://departments.agri.huji.ac.il/eco-nomics/indexe.html
11. Statistical Collection 2013. Tashkent. Agriculture of Uzbekistan. State Statistical Committee of Uzbekistan page 21.
12. Wegren S. Land reform in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Taylor and Francis library 2005. ISBN 0-203-756819 pages 6 - 8 17.
13. Yusupov Yu. B - Lerman Z. - Chertovitskiy A. S. - Akbarov O. M. Livestock Production in Uzbekistan: Current State Challenges and Prospects Review in the context of Agricultural Sector Development Trends “Nasaf” publishing house 2010 Kashkadarya Region Pages 28 - 31 ISBN 978-9943-18-080-2.
14. UNDP Uzbekistan.project document page 6. Available from; http://www.uz.undp.org/content/dam/uzbekistan/ docs/projectdocuments/EEU/un_prodoc_Rus.pdf
15. The Law on Property May. 1994.
16. The Law N 97-XII “On Land” from 20.06.1990.
17. The Law N 2022-XII of the Republic of Uzbekistan from 23.09.1994 in edition of Law No. 70-1 from 06.05.1995.
18. The Law N 231-I of the Republic of Uzbekistan from 26.04.1996.
19. The article 2 from the Law N 97-XII “On Land” 1990.
20. The Law on “Peasant Farms” adopted in July 1992.
21. The Land Code N599-1 from 30.04.1998.
22. The Law N 97-XII “On Land” from 20.06.1990 and later on the amendments and additions to the Law N439-XII „On Land” from 20.11.1991.
23. The Law on “Peasant farms” from 30.04.1998 but was amended in 2004.
24. The Law on agricultural cooperatives from 30.04.1998.
25. The Law on „Dekhkan farms” adopted in 30.04.1998.
26. The Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan (December 8 1992).