Subject and purpose of work: The aim of the conducted research and analyzes was the attempt to assess the impact of selected factors over tourist activity of people with disabilities and factors related to the immediate environment of people with disabilities
Materials and methods: A total of 5 000 respondents were subjected to the quantitative research. Participants of the research were adults with legally recognized disabilities. In the research, there was used the method of a diagnostic survey.
Results: Tourist activity of disabled people living in rural areas in Poland concerns only about 50% of respondents. Leaving the place of permanent residence in a free time is the most often declared by young and middle-aged people with higher, secondary and post-secondary education, professionally active, married people with mental and sensory disabilities.
Conclusions: Factors stimulating participation in tourism are the level of education and professional activity of respondents. In the assessment of respondents the important factor is also a general family situation.
9. Fujiura, G.T., Rutkowski-Kmitta, V. (2001). Counting Disability. In: G. L. Albrecht, K. D. Seelmana, M. Bury (eds), Handbook of Disability Studies. Thousand Oaks, Kalifornia: Sage Publications Inc, pp. 69-96.
10. Kaganek, K., Ambroży, T., Mucha, D., Jurczak, A., Bornikowska, A., Ostrowski, A., Janiszewska, R., Mucha, T. (2017). Bariers to participation in tourism in the disabled. Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism, 24(1), 121-129. https://doi.org/10.1515/pjst-2017-0013
11. Kennedy, D.W., Smith, R.W., Austin, D.R. (1991). Special Recreation: Opportunities for persons with disabilities (2nd ed.). Wm. C. Brown Pub., Dubuque, Iowa.
12. Mashaw, J.L., Reno, V.P. (eds.) (1996). Balancing security and opportunity: The challenge of disability income policy. Washington DC: National Academy of Social Insurance.
13. Nagi, S.Z. (1969). Disability and rehabilitation: Legal, clinical, and self-concepts and measurements. Columbus: Ohio State University Press.
14. Oliver, M. (1996). Understanding Disability: From Theory to Practice. Macmillan, Basingstoke, Houndmills.
23. Zajadacz, A., Szmal, P., Suszczańska, N., Grudziński, T. (2010). The SITex and SITur programs as tools designed to provide information for culturally deaf tourists. W: Z. Młynarczyk, A. Zajadacz (red.), Uwarunkowania i plany rozwoju turystyki. Tom VII (s.106-123), Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, Seria Turystyka i Rekreacja – Studia i Prace, Nr 7. Poznań: Bogucki Wydawnicwo Naukowe.
24. Żbikowski, J., Kuźmicki, M., Dąbrowski, D., Soroka, A. (2011). Vocational activity as a determinant of participation in tourism of disabled people from the area of Eastern Poland. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Oeconomica, 10(2), 121-129.