Due to a medium-low level of young students’ technical knowledge from previous school classes the first year of university seems to be very difficult. The complex phenomena and the abstract concepts represent the first lectures avoided by the students if the temporal burden becomes uncomfortable. Therefore the lecture has to be designed in which the prospective engineer clearly recognise their profit. Using the modern educational instruments as DidaTech Platform, CAD or C++ program presentations in higher education for engineering the level of comprehending and interest in the profile subjects should increase.
The main concern of this paper is to demonstrate how using electronic methods young engineers learn about the descriptive geometry and improves the student’s intellectual capability of space perception. This will be absolute necessary for the students’ preparation for the Mechanical Drawing and CAD subjects.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bartoline R. Gary Wiebe N. Eric Technical Graphics Communication Third Edition pp. 213-231 New York (2003)
2. Chiliban Marius Descriptive Geometry pp. 20-26 pp. 152-160 Ed. Alma Mater Sibiu Romania (2002).
3. Putz Claus Teaching Descriptive Geometry for architects: Didactic Principles and Effective Methods demonstrated by the example of Monge Projection 15 Symposio Nacional de Geometria Descriptiva e Desenho Tecnico IV International Conference on Graphics Engineering for Arts and Design Sao Paulo Brasil 5-6 November (2001).
4. Stachel Hellmuth: Descriptive Geometry the Art of Grasping Spatial Relations. Proceedings 6th ICECGDG vol. II pp. 533-535 Tokyo (1994).
5. Stachel Hellmuth: Why shall we also teach the theory behind Engineering Graphics Institut für Geometrie Technical Report 35 TU Wien (1996).
6. Stachel Hellmuth: A Way to Geometry through Descriptive Geometry. ПpиkлaдHa гeoMeTpiЯ TaiHжeHepHa гpaфika (Applied Geometry and Engineering Graphics Kyiv)70 pp. 14–19 (2002).
7. * * * DidaTec Brochure available online at: http://ctmtc.utcluj.ro/sites/didatec_/didatec_public_documente/DidaTec%20brochure.pdf
8. * * * DidaTec official site available online at: http://www.didatec.ro/default.aspx