Gastric lipomatosis is a condition characterized by the presence of multiple lipomas or diffuse mature adipose tissue infiltration within the gastric wall. The diffuse form is thought to be an extremely rare, with only few described cases. The lesion may be asymptomatic or associated with symptoms and signs depending on location and size. Treatment depends on clinical presentation, range and complications. In a symptomatic disease, it should be surgical, but conservative treatment is preferred for asymptomatic and solitary lesions. Among diagnostic methods, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging are thought to be the most valuable.
2. Xiuli L Wilcox CM Nodit L Lazenby AJ. Multiple gastrointestinal stromal tumors and lipomatosis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008;132: 1825-9.
3. Aoyama S Ami K Fukuda A Imai K Chong JM Ando M. Gastric lipomatosis treated by total gastrectomy: a case report. Surgical Case Reports. 2017;3:126.
4. Weinberg T Feldman M. Lipomas of the gastrointestinal tract. Am J Clin Pathol. 1955;25:272-81.
5. Mills ES. Histology for Pathologists. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012.
6. Bilgic Y Altinsoy HB Yildirim N Alatas O Kanat BH Sahin A. Familial abdominal and intestinal lipomatosis presenting with upper GI bleeding. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Case Rep Gastrointest Med. 2015;123723.
7. Lee KJ Kim GH Park DY Shin NR Lee BE Ryu DY et al. Endoscopic resection of gastrointestinal lipomas-a single-center experience. Surg Endosc. 2014;28:185-92.
8. Djuric-Stefanovic A Ebrahimi K Sisevic J Saranovic D. Gastroduodenal lipomatosis in familial multiple lipomatosis. Med Princ Pract. 2017;26:189-91.
9. Carney JA Stratakis CA. Stromal fibrous and fatty gastrointestinal tumors in a patient with PDGFRA gene mutation. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1412-20.
10. Deviles F Van Hoe L Leemans AM Ponette E De Paepe I. Gastroduodenal lipomatosis. Eur Radiol. 1997;7:338-40.
11. Odze RD Goldblum JR. Odze and Goldblum Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract Liver Biliary Tract and Pancreas. 3rd ed. Elsevier Saunders; 2014:649 840.
12. Urgas N Kabul S Yerci Ö Öztürk E. Multifocal early gastric adenocarcinomas with gastric lipomatosis: An unusual coexistence. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2014;57:653-4.
13. Ferrozi F Tognini G Bova D Pavone P. Lipomatous tumors of the stomach: CT findings and differential diagnosis. J Comput Assist Tomography. 2000;24:854-8.
14. Hamdane MM Brahim EB Salah MB Haouas N Bouhafa A Chedly-Debbiche A. Giant gastric lipoma mimicking well-differentiated liposarcoma. Pan Afr Med J. 2012;13:16.