Hemofiltration National Registry is one of the patient registries implemented lately in Romania, currently in use, in response to increased clinical and research needs. The registries of patients with extracorporeal support of vital functions were developed with the support of Romanian Society of Anesthesia and Intensive Care. The registry contains data on over 200 hemofiltration procedures that were per formed in the last 3 years in multiple Romanian hospitals. A sample of data containing records of 2018 was analyzed by K-means clustering, revealing patterns that are potentially useful for healthcare improvement. Among the 6 clusters identified, 3 contain patients with a high mortality rate (90-100%), 1 is defined by intermediate mortality (72%) and 2 by a lower mortality rate (62%). Further research is needed in order to refine the clustering criteria, by using a larger number of cases and potentially examining more outcomes.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. E. Clark A. O. Molnar O. Joannes-Boyau P. M. Honoré L. Sikora S. M. Bagshaw. High-volume hemofiltration for septic acute kidney injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis in Crit Care. 2014; 18(1): R7.
2. J. O. Friedrich R. Wald S. M. Bagshaw K. E. A. Burns N. K. J. Adhikari. Hemofiltration compared to hemodialysis for acute kidney injury: systematic review and meta-analysis in Crit Care. 2012; 16(4): R146.
3. H. Dunn L. Quinn S. J. Corbridge K. Eldeirawi M. Kapella E. G. Collins. Cluster Analysis in Nursing Research: An Introduction Historical Perspective and Future Directions in West J Nurs Res. 2018 Nov; 40(11): 1658–1676.
4. S. P. Luh C. H. Chiang. Acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ALI/ARDS): the mechanism present strategies and future perspectives of therapies in J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2007 Jan; 8(1): 60–69.
5. C. V. Vernic P. T. Tamas O. Bedreag A. F. Rogobete C. L. Neamțu C. M. Gîndac D. M. Dragulescu S. A. Apostol D. Sandesc. Romanian electronic registries for patients with extracorporeal support of vital functions in Anale Univ. Tibiscus Seria Informatică. Vol. XV fasc. 2 – 2017; p. 181-185.