If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. King BS Gupta R Narayan RK. The early assessment and intensive care unit management of patients with severe traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. Surg Clin North Am. 2000;80(3):855–70.
2. Ryken TC Hurlbert RJ Hadley MN Aarabi B Dhall SS Gelb DE et al. The acute cardiopulmonary management of patients with cervical spinal cord injuries. Neurosurgery. 2013;72(SUPPL.2):84–92.
3. Stevens RD Bhardwaj A Kirsch JR Mirski MA. Critical care and perioperative management in traumatic spinal cord injury. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2003;15(3):215–29.
4. Walters BC Hadley MN Hurlbert RJ Aarabi B Dhall SS Gelb DE et al. Guidelines for the management of acute cervical spine and spinal cord injuries: 2013 update. Neurosurgery60 ()(pp 82-91) 2013 Date Publ August 2013. 2013;(SUPPL. 1):82–91.
5. Hadley MN Walters BC Grabb PA Oyesiku NM Przybylski GJ Resnick DK et al. Blood Pressure Management after Acute Spinal Cord Injury. Neurosurgery. 2002 Mar 1;50(suppl_3):S58–62.
6. Vaccaro AR Hulbert RJ Patel AA Fisher C Dvorak M Lehman RA et al. The Sub-axial Cervical Spine Injury Classification System. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007 Oct 1;32(21):2365–74.
7. Allman K Wilson I editors. Oxford Handbook of Anaesthesia. Oxford University Press; 2011.
8. Mackenzie CF Shin B Krishnaprasad D McCormack F Illingworth W. Assessment of cardiac and respiratory function during surgery on patients with acute quadriplegia. J Neurosurg. 1985 Jun;62(6):843–9.
9. Lehmann KG Lane JG Piepmeier JM Batsford WP. Cardiovascular abnormalities accompanying acute spinal cord injury in humans: incidence time course and severity. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1987 Jul;10(1):46–52.
10. Ohbe H Koakutsu T Kushimoto S. Analysis of risk factors for hyponatremia in patients with acute spinal cord injury: a retrospective single-institution study in Japan. Spinal Cord. 2019 Mar 16;57(3):240–6.