The interaction features of multi-level retaining walls with soil base were researched by changing their geometric parameters and locality at the plan. During excavation of deep foundation pits it is important to choose the type of constructions which influences on the horizontal displacements. The distance between the levels of retaining walls should be based on the results of numerical modelling. The objective of this paper is to present a comparison between the data of numerical simulations and the results of the in-situ lateral tests of couple piles. The problems have been solved by using the following soil models: Coulomb-Mohr model; model, which is based on the dilatation theory; elastic-plastic model with variable stiffness parameters.
1. Vermmer P., de Borst R.: Non-associated plasticity for soils, concrete and rock, Heron 29 (3), Delft University of Technology 1984.
2. Boyko I.P.: Pile foundations on a nonlinearly deformable, base. dis. Doctor of Tech. Sciences, Kiev. Manuscript 1988.
3. Boyko I., Boyandin V., Delnik A., Kozak A.: Sakharov A.: Finite element simulation of the loss of stable resistance in a foundation-soil system, Archive of Applied Mechanics, 62, vol.14, (1992) pp.315-328
4. Duncan J., Chang C.-Y.: Nonlinear analysis of stress and strain in soils. ASCE Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, 96 Vol. 5, (1970) pp. 1629-1653.
5. Kathenbach R.: Pile-Soil-Wall-Interaction during the construction process of deep excavation pits / R. Katzenbach, G. Bachman, C. Gutberlet // Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering ISBN 978-1-61499-9 (online). - Rotterdam, Millpress Skience Publishers/IOS Press, 2005 - Vol. 1-4. - pp.1501-1504.
6. Kim N.K.: A new IPS earth retention system / N.K. Kim, J.S. Park, H.J. Jang, M.Y. Kim, M. Y. Han, S.B. Kim // Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering ISBN 978-1-61499-9 (online). - Rotterdam, Millpress Skience Publishers/IOS Press, 2005 - Vol. 1-4. - pp.1369-1372
7. Nikolaevsky V.: Defining laws of soil mechanics. Modern problems of soil mechanics, vol. 8: (1975) pp. 210-227.
8. Strokova, L.: Determination of parameters for numerical simulation of soil behaviour, Bulletin of Tomsk State University, 313, vol. 5, (2008) pp. 69-74.
9. Popa H.: Numerical modeling of propped retaining walls - influence of parameters / H. Popa, L. Thorel, C. Gaudin, J. Garnier // Numerical methods in geotechnical engineering - London: Taylor & Francis Group, 2006 - pp. 405-410.
10. Drucker D., Prager W.: Soil mechanics and plastic analysis or limit design, Quarterly Applied Mathematics, 2, vol. 9, (1952) pp.157-165.
11. Sakharov V., Zhuk V., Skochko L.: Interaction study of the frame building with foundation weaking by the underground mines under the seismic load, Motrol. Comission of motorization and energetics in agriculture, 16, vol. 8 (2014) pp. 37-44
12. Skrzypczak I.: Monitoring of landslide areas with the use of contemporary methods of measuring and mapping / I. Skrzypczak, J. Kogut, W. Kokoszka, D. Zientek // Civil and environmental engineering reports ISSN 2080-5187 - Zelona Gora (Poland): UZ,2017 - 24(1) - pp. 069-082.