Reasonable and effective allocation of cognitive radio spectrum resource according to user’s requirements is the key task of cognitive radio network. Cognitive radio spectrum allocation problem can be viewed as an optimization problem. This paper analyzes the application of bio-inspired intelligent algorithm in cognitive radio network spectrum allocation, and based on graph theory model of spectrum allocation, proposesaspectrum allocation algorithm based on autonomously evolutionary scheme. Three objective functions: Max-Min-Reward, Max-Sum- Reward and Max-Proportional-Fair are employed to evaluate the proposed algorithm capacity. The simulation result reveals that the proposed method can make the system user to obtain better network benefits and better embody the fairness between cognitive users. In the process of allocation, the proposed method was not restricted by user scale and the number of spectrums.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Mitola, J. I., G. Q. Maguire. Cognitive Radio: Making Software Radios More Personal. - IEEE Personal Communications, Vol. 6, 1999, No 4, pp. 13-18.
2. Qadir, J. Artificial Intelligence Based Cognitive Routing for Cognitive Radio Networks. - Artificial Intelligence Review, Vol. 45, 2016, No 1, pp. 25-96.
3. Abbas, N., Y. Nasser, K. E. Ahmad. Recent Advances on Artificial Intelligence and Learning Techniques in Cognitive Radio Networks. - Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications & Networking, Vol. 2015, 2015, No 174, pp. 1-20.
4. Tragos, E. Z., S. Zeadally, A. G. Fragkiadakis, V. A. Siris. Spectrum Assignment in Cognitive Radio Networks: A Comprehensive Survey. - IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 15, 2013, No 3, pp. 1108-1135.
5. Joshi, G. P., N. S. Yeob, K. S. Won. Cognitive Radio Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications, Challenges and Research Trends. - Sensors, Vol. 13, 2013, No 9, pp. 11196-11228.
6. Xu, T., Z. Li, J. Ge, H. Y. Ding. A Survey on Spectrum Sharing in Cognitive Radio Networks. - Ksii Transactions on Internet & Information Systems, Vol. 8, 2014, No 11, pp. 3751-3774.
7. Zhu, Y. L., H. N. Chen, H. Shen. Bio-Inspired Computing: Individual, Population, Colony Evolution Model and Method. - Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, 2013.
8. Kar, A. K. Bio-Inspired Computing-A Review of Algorithms and Scope of Applications. - Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 59, 2016, pp. 20-32.
9. Lv, J, X. You, S. Liu. α-Nearness Ant Colony System with Adaptive Strategies and Performance Analysis. - Cybernetics & Information Technologies, Vol. 15, 2015, No 1, pp. 3-13.
10. Theja, P. R., S. K. K. Babu. Evolutionary Computing Based on Qo S Oriented Energy Efficient VM Consolidation Scheme for Large Scale Cloud Data Centers. - Cybernetics & Information Technologies, Vol. 16, 2016, No 2, pp. 97-112.
11. Wang, W., X. Liu. List-Coloring Based Channel Allocation for Open-Spectrum Wireless Networks. - In: Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Vol. 1, 2005, pp. 690-694.
12. Zheng, H., C. Peng. Collaboration and Fairness in Opportunistic Spectrum Access. - In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications, Vol. 5, 2005, pp. 3132-3136.
13. Anumandla, K. K., S. Kudikala, B. A. Venkata, S. L. Sabat. Spectrum Allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks Using Firefly Algorithm. - Swarm, Evolutionary, and Memetic Computing, Vol. 8297, 2013, pp. 366-376.
14. Li, X. B., L. Lui, A. W. Shi, M. A. Kai, X. P. Guan. Cognitive Radio Spectrum Allocation Based on an Improved Population Adaptive Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. - Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 31, 2013, No 5, pp. 448-453.
15. Elhachmi, J., Z. Guennoun. Cognitive Radio Spectrum Allocation Using Genetic Algorithm. - Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications & Networking, Vol. 2016, 2016, No 133, pp. 1-11.
16. Martínez-Vargas, A., G. Á. Andrade, R. Sepúlveda. An Admission Control and Channel Allocation Algorithm Based on Particle Swarm Optimization for Cognitive Cellular Networks. - Recent Advances on Hybrid Approaches for Designing Intelligent Systems, 2014, pp. 151-162.
17. Lezama, F., G. Castañón, A. M. Sarmiento. Differential Evolution Optimization Applied to the Routing and Spectrum Allocation Problem in Flexgrid Optical Networks. - In: Proc. of International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks, 2016, pp. 129-146.