A multiresidue method for determination and quantification of Fusarium mycotoxins: deoxynivalenol, zearalenone, T-2 toxin, HT-2 toxin, and metabolite of Aspergillus and Penicillium species - ochratoxin A in feeds was described. The method was based on the simultaneous extraction of selected mycotoxins from matrix, followed by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry using a hybrid triple quadrupole - linear ion trap mass spectrometer with the multiple reaction monitoring in both positive- and negative-ion modes. The method was validated in accordance with the Commision Decision 2002/657/EC requirements. The mean recoveries of mycotoxins from spiked feed samples ranged from 74.6% to 113.9%, whereas limit of detection and quantification ranged from 0.72 to 12.4 μg/kg and 1.86 to 31.7 μg/kg, respectively.
4. European Commission Regulation No. 576/2006. Off J Eur Commun L 229, 7-9.
5. European Commission Regulation No. 1881/2006. Off J Eur Commun L 364, 15-17.
6. European Commission Regulation No. 401/2006. Off J Eur Commun L 70, 12-34.
7. European Commission Regulation No. 152/2009. Off J Eur Commun L 54, 1-130.
8. European Commission Regulation No. 165/2013. Off J Eur Commun L 91, 9-12.
9. European Commission Regulation of 12 August 2002 No. 657/2002 implementing Council Directive 96/23/EC.
10. Hussein H.S., Brasel J.M.: Toxicity, metabolism and impact of mycotoxins on humans and animals. Toxicology 2001, 167, 101-134.
11. IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans - some traditional herbal medicines, some mycotoxins, naphthalene and styrene 2002, 82, 169-345.
12. Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements, Food Safety and Quality - Geel, Belgium: Method for the simultaneous determination of deoxynivalenol, HT-2 toxin, T-2 toxin and zearalenone in unprocessed cereals and cereal-based compound animal feeds, 2011.
13. Kokkonem Meri K., Jestoi Marika N.: A multi - compound LCMS/ MS method for the screening of mycotoxins in grains. Food Anal Method 2009, 2, 128-140.
14. Kolenda M., Mroczkowski S.: Fusarium mycotoxins and methods of assessing the mycotoxicity: a review. J Centr Europ Agric 2013, 1, 169-180.
15. Korbas M., Ławecki T.: The possibility of reducing Fusarium blight in Poland and in the European Union. Postępy w Ochronie Roślin 2003, 41, 200-207.
16. Monbaliu S., Van Poucke C., Detavernier C., Dumoulin F., Van De Velde M., Schoeters E., Van Dyck S., Averkieva O., Van Peteghem C., De Saeger S.: Occurrence of mycotoxins in feed as analyzed by a multi-mycotoxin LC-MS/MS method. J Agric Food Chem 2010, 58, 66-71.
17. Oueslati S., Romero-Gonzalez R., Lasram S., Frenich A.G., Vidal J.L.: Multi-mycotoxin determination in cereals and derived products marketed in Tunisia using ultra-high performance liquid chromatography coupled to triple quadrupole mass spectrometry. Food Chem Toxicol 2012, 50, 2376-2381.
18. Piotrowska M.: The use of microorganisms for the removal of mycotoxins in food and feed. Post Mikrobiol 2012, 51, 109-119.
19. Soleimany F., Jinap S., Abas F.: Determination of mycotoxins in cereals by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Food Chem 2012, 130, 1055-1060.
20. Soleimany F., Jinap S., Faridah A., Khatib A.: A UPLC - MS/MS for simultaneous determination of aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, zearalenone, DON, fumonisins, T-2 toxin and HT-2 toxin, in cereals. Food Control 2012, 25, 647-653.
21. Song S., Ediage E.N., Wu A., De Saeger S.: Development and application of salting-out assisted liquid/liquid extraction for multi-mycotoxin biomarkers analysis in pig urine with high performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A 2013, 1292, 111-120.
22. Sulyok M., Krska R., Schuhmacher R.: Application of a liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometric method to multi - mycotoxin determination in raw cereals and evaluation of matrix effects. Food Additives and Contaminants 2007, 24(10), 1184-1195.
23. Sweeney M., Dobson A.: Mycotoxin production by Aspergillus,Fusarium and Penicillium species. Int. J. Food Microbiol 1998, 43, 141-158.
24. Tanaka H., Takino M., Sugita-Konishi Y., Tanaka T.: Development of a liquid chromatography/time-of-flight mass spectrometric method for the simultaneous determination of trichothecenes, zearalenone and aflatoxins in foodstuffs. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2006, 20, 1422-1428.
25. Zollner P., Mayer-Helm B.: Trace mycotoxin analysis in complex biological and food matrices by liquid chromatographyatmospheric pressure ionization mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A 2006, 1136, 123-169.