Background/Aim: A problem of congenitally missing lateral incisors is frequently encountered in dentistry, with several available treatment modalities, the choice depending on each case. Case Report: A young female patient with bilateral missing lateral incisors was in need for dental treatment for esthetics. She had spacing among the upper anterior teeth with class I molar relationship. Orthodontic space creation was carried out followed by two-piece mini dental implant placement. Two-stage protocol was followed. After osseointegration, implants were exposed. Healing collars were installed to allow mucosal healing. Closed tray implant level impression was taken. Zirconium crowns were chosen for optimum esthetic results. Conclusions: Mini-implants can be used successfully for restoring congenitally missing lateral incisors after space opening. Esthetic results can be enhanced using Zirconium crowns
2. Almeida RR de, Morandini ACF, Almeida-Pedrin RR de, Almeida MR de, Castro RCFR, Insabralde NM. A multidisciplinary treatment of congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors: a 14-year follow-up case report. J Appl Oral Sci, 2014;22:465-471.
3. Kedia N, Valiathan A. Management of Congenitally Missing Lateral Incisor. J Indian Orthod Soc, 2011;45:93-97.
4. Paduano S, Cioffi I, Rongo R, Cupo A, Bucci R, Valletta R. Orthodontic Management of Congenitally Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisors: A Case Report. Case Rep Dent, 2014;2014:1-7.
5. Kinzer GA, Kokich Jr VO. Managing congenitally missing lateral incisors. Part III: Single-tooth implants. J Esthet Restor Dent, 2005;17:202-210.
6. Shatkin TE, Shatkin S, Oppenheimer BD, Oppenheimer AJ. Mini dental implants for long-term fixed and removable prosthetics: a retrospective analysis of 2514 implants placed over a five-year period. Compend Contin Educ Dent, 2007;28:92-99.
7. Jackson BJ, Slavin MR. Treatment of Congenitally Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisors: An Interdisciplinary Approach. J Oral Implantol, 2012;39:187-192.
8. Muhamad A, Nezar W, Azzaldeen A. Managing congenitally missing lateral incisors with single tooth implants. Dent Oral Craniofacial Res, 2016;2:318-324.