Background: Cone Beam Computer Tomography (CBCT) is representing a new concept of radiological diagnostics and its application occupies a special place in implantology. Today, preoperative planning, and quantitative and qualitative jaw bone analysis cannot be done without the use of these techniques. The latest in a series of achievements in this field is a method of making a guide for implant using a 3D printing technique. This way pre implantology planning reduces the chance of surgical complications to a minimum and allows installation of dental implants in the most optimal position for future prosthetic work. Aim: To show benefits of guide implantation in clinical practice.
Case report: The patient M.D. 36 years old. After making CBCT there was a qualitative and quantitative analysis of bone tissue, after which we decided to install five implants in positions #36, #37, #45, #46 and #47. The software appliance made virtually implants in the most optimal positions; treatment plan was forwarded by the internet connection into the DICOM format to Simplant Company, along with a folder of scanned plaster models in order to develop a guide. A few days later, after approval sent, we received the guide. Preparation by the pilot bur we did through transmucosal plum of the guide, and then we continued the classic flap surgery technique. Control footage shows the optimal position of the implant from both surgical and prosthetic aspects.
Conclusion: Application guide implantology represents a safe and modern method that provides ability of implant placement in optimal positions in terms of future prosthetic rehabilitation.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Eggers G Patellis E Mühling J. Accuracy of template-based dental implant placement. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2009; 24:447-454.
2. Kopp KC Koslow AH Abdo OS. Predictable implant placement with a diagnostic/surgical template and advanced radiographic imaging. J Prosthet Dent 2003; 89:611-615.
3. Marković A Mišić T. Implant Therapy in the Esthetic Zone - Surgical Considerations. Balk J Dent Med 2016; 20(2):83-88.
4. Ramasamy M Giri R Subramonian K Narendrakumar R. Implant surgical guides: From the past to the present. Journal of Pharmacy & Bioallied Sciences 2013; 5:S98-S102
5. Vlahović Z Marković A Todorović A Šćepanović M. Application of ‘SKY PLAN X’ system in the planning of implant placement with the terminal mutual loss of teeth of the upper jaw. PONS 2010; 7(4):157-160.