Multifunction elastic warp-knitted fabrics were fabricated on a crochet machine with the use of metal composite yarns/viscose yarn and bamboo polyester/ crisscross-section polyester hybrid yarns as the front face and back face of the knitted fabric structure, respectively. We investigated the effect of the blend ratio of bamboo charcoal/ crisscross-section polyester multiply yarns on the fabric's moisture comfort properties, such as water vapour transmission (WVT), water evaporation rate (WER), and water absorbency. The results showed that blending ratio significantly influenced WVT and WER. Moreover, antibacterial activity of the elastic warp- knitted fabric was tested against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in accordance with AATCC 90-2011. Finally, the extension- stress value curves were used to analyse the elastic stretching property, and the fabric exhibited greater breaking elongation and lower stress value in the walewise than in the weft direction.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Wang Y.R. Zhang P.H. Zhang Y.P. (2014). Experimental investigation the dynamic pressure attenuation of elastic fabric for compression garment. Textile Res J 84(6) 572- 582.
2. Filgueiras A. Fangueiro R. Soutinho F. (2009). Drape behavior of functional knitted fabrics for sport clothing. Indian J Fibre Text Res 34 64-68.
3. Komisarczyk A. Dziworska G. Krucinska I. Michalak M. Strzembosz W. Kaflak A. Kaluza M. (2013). Visualisation of liquid flow phenomena in textiles applied as a wound dressing. Autes Res J 13(4) 141-149.
4. Gorjanc D.S. Dimitrovski K. Bizjak M. (2012). Thermal and water vapor resistance of the elastic and conventional cotton fabrics. Text Res J 82(4) 1498-1506.
5. Onofrei E. Rocha A.M. Catarino A. (2012). Investigation the effect of moisture on the thermal comfort properties of functional elastic fabrics. J Ind Text 42(1) 34-51.
6. Fukazawa T. Havenith G. (2009). Differences in comfort perception in relation tolocal and whole body skin wettedness. Eur J Appl Physiol 106(1) 15-24.
7. Laing R.M. Wilson C.A. Gore S.E. Carr D.J. (2007). Determining the drying time of apparel fabrics. Text Res J 77(8) 583-590.
8. Fourt L. Sookne A.M. Frishman D. Milton H. (1951). The rate of drying of fabrics. Text Res J 21(1) 26-33.
9. Fangueiro R. Filgueiras A. Soutinho F. Xie M.D. (2010). Wicking behavior and drying capability of functional knitted Fabrics. Text Res J 80(15) 1522-1530.
10. Duru S.C. Candan C. (2013). Effect of repeated laundering on wicking and drying properties of fabrics of seamless garments. Text Res J 83 (6) 591-605.
11. Bedek G. Salaun. F. Martinkovska Z. Devaux E. Dupont D. (2011). Evaluation of thermal and moisture management properties on knitted fabrics and comparison with a physiological mode in warm conditions. Applied Ergonomics 42(6) 792-800.
12. Senthilkumar M. Anbumani N. (2011). Dynamics of elastic knitted fabrics for sports wear. J Ind Text 41(1) 13-23.
13. Mukhopadhyay A. Ishtiaque S.M. Uttam D. (2011). Impact of structural variations in hollow yarn on heat and moisture transport properties of fabrics. J Text Inst 102 (8) 700-712.
14. Bivainyte A. Mikucioniene D. (2011). Investigation on the air and water vapor permeability of double-layered weft knitted fabrics. Fibres Textiles East Eur 19(3) 69-73.
15. Fohr J.P. Couton D. Treguier G. (2002). Dynamic heat and water transfer through layered fabrics. Textile Res J 72(1) 1-12.
16. Prahsarn C. Barker R.L. Gupta B.S. (2005). Moisture vapor transport behavior of polyester knit fabrics. Textile Res J 75(4) 346-351.
17. Bagherzadeh R. Montazer M. Latifi M. Sheikhzadeh M. Sattari M. (2007). Evaluation of comfort properties of polyester knitted spacer fabrics finished with water repellent and antimicrobial Agents. Fiber Polym 8(3) 386-392.
18. Wang X. Yin Y.J. Wang C.X. (2010). New approach to impart antibacterial effect and improve ink jet printing properties with modified SiO2 sols cationic biocides. Colloid Surf A-Physicochem Eng Asp 361(1-3) 51-55.
19. Mukhopadhyay A. Sharma I.C. Mohanty A. (2003). Impact of lycra filament on extension and recovery characteristics of cotton knitted fabric Indian J Fibre Text Res 28(4) 423-430.