Fluid transportation from production areas to final customer is effectuated by pipelines. For oil and gas industry, pipeline safety and reliability represents a priority. From this reason, pipe quality guarantee directly influence pipeline designed life, but first of all protects environment. A significant number of longitudinally welded pipes, for onshore/offshore pipelines, are manufactured by UOE method. This method is based on cold forming. In present study, using finite element method is modeled UOE pipe manufacturing process and is obtained von Mises stresses for each step. Numerical simulation is performed for L415 MB (X60) steel plate with 7,9 mm thickness, length 30 mm and width 1250mm, as result it is obtained a DN 400 pipe.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Petr Krysl A pragmatic introduction to the Fihite Element Method for thermal and stress analysis Pressure Cooker Press pp 91-92 San Diego USA (2005).
2. Giannoula Chatzopoulou George Varelis Effects of UOE manufacturing process on pressurized bending response of offshore pipes 10th International Pipeline Conference IPC2014-33321 pp. 534-536 Calgary Canada (2014).
3. Finite Element Analyses www.ansys.com ANSYS R16.2 student version (2016).
4. Ion Tudose Rezistenţa materialelor Ed. Didactică şi Pedagogică pp 212-214 Bucureşti Romania (1981).
5. Dmitri Delistoian Studiul numeric si experimental al tensiunilor reziduale din procesul de fabricatie a conductelor magistrale Raportul de cercetare Nr. 3 Constanta Maritime University pp 8-9 Constanta Romania (2017).
6. EuroPipe - Mulheim Pipecoatings UOE pipe manufacturing process http://www.europipe.com/products/manufacturing-process/ Mülheim an der Ruhr Germany (2017). (Accessed 10/06/2016)
7. Leonid Rudmann Spravochnik constructora shtampov Izd. Mashinostroenie pp 202-204 Moskow URSS (1988).
8. Dmitri Delistoian Studiul numeric si experimental al tensiunilor reziduale din procesul de fabricatie a conductelor magistrale Raportul de cercetare Nr. 3 Constanta Maritime University pp 12-15 Constanta Romania (2017).
9. Hunan Great Steel Pipe CO.LTD Difference between UOE and JCOE pipe http://www.hnssd.com/news.asp?id=460 Hunan China (2017). (Accessed 20.09.2016)
10. API SPECIFICATION 5L Specification for line pipe pp 20-21 Washington USA (2008).