This paper presents an integrated simulation approach for studying the circular interpolation regime of CNC laser cutting machines. The circular interpolation algorithm is studied, taking into consideration the numerical character of the system. A simulation diagram, which is able to generate the kinematic inputs for the feed drives of the CNC laser cutting machine is also presented.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. J.F. Ready Industrial applications of lasers Academy Press Tokyo 1997
2. S.D. El Wakil Processes and design for manufacturing PWS Publishing Company Boston 1998
3. C. Bagger F.O. Olsen Pulsed mode laser cutting of sheets for tailored blanks J. Mater. Process. Technol. 115 pp. 131–135 2001
4. B.S. Yilbas Laser cutting quality assessment and thermal efficiency analysis J. Mater. Process. Technol. 155–156 pp. 2106–2115 2004
5. K. Erkorkmaz Y. Altintas High-speed CNC system design part III: high-speed tracking and contouring control of feed drives Int. J. Mach. Tools. Manuf. 41 pp. 1637–1658 2001
6. Y.T. Shin C.S. Chen A.C. Lee A novel cross-coupling control design for Bi-axis motion Int. J. Mach. Tools. Manuf. 42(14) pp. 1539–1548 2002
7. J.H. Chin Y.M. Cheng J.H. Lin Improving contour accuracy by Fuzzy-logic enhanced cross-coupled precompensation method Robot. Comput. Integr. Manuf. 20(1) pp. 65–76 2004
8. M.Y. Cheng C.C. Lee Motion controller design for contour following tasks based on real-time contour error estimation IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 54(3) pp.1686–1695 2007
9. G. Zhao Q. Zhang J. Jiang Study on Biaxial Linkage for Full-Closed AC Servo System with Modeling and Experiment Advanced Science Letters Volume 4 Numbers 6-7 pp. 2009-2014(6) 2011.
10. R.E. Breaz O. Bologa V. Oleksik and G. Racz Computer Simulation for the Study of CNC Feed Drives Dynamic Behavior and Accuracy Proceedings of the IEEE Region 8 EUROCON 2007 International Conference on “Computer as a tool” Warsaw Poland pp. 2229-2233 2007