In recent years, as the Chinese consumption level increases, the consumption quantity of high-value fruits, vegetables and seafood products have been increasing year by year. As a consequence, the traffic volume of refrigerated products also increases yearly and the popularization degree of the cold-chain transportation enhances. A low-temperature environment should be guaranteed during transportation, thus there is about 40% of diesel oil should be consumed by the refrigerating system and the cold-chain transportation becomes very costly. This study aimed to explore a method that could reduce the cost of transport packages of refrigerated products. On the basis of the heat transfer theory and the fluid mechanics theory, the heat exchange through corrugated cases during the operation of refrigerating system was analyzed, the heat transfer process of corrugated cases and refrigerator van was theoretically analyzed and the heat balance equation of corrugated cases was constructed. Besides, this study simulated the temperature field of the corrugated box during transportation. The temperature of the goods was changed through different cooling temperature to calculate the minimum energy consumption, so as to achieve the best refrigeration transport packaging program.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Defraeye T. Verboven P. Opara U. L. et al. (2015). Feasibility of ambient loading of citrus fruit into refrigerated containers for cooling during marine transport. Biosystems Engineering Vol.134 pp.20-30.
2. Delele M. A. Ngcobo M. E. K. Opara U. L. et al. (2013). Investigating the Effects of Table Grape Package Components and Stacking on Airflow Heat and Mass Transfer Using 3-D CFD Modelling. Food & Bioprocess Technology Vol.6 No.9 pp.2571-2585.
3. Elnaggar M. H. A. Abdullah M Z. Munusamy S. R. R. (2013). Experimental and Numerical Studies of Finned L-Shape Heat Pipe for Notebook-PC Cooling. IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging & Manufacturing Technology Vol.3 No.6 pp.978-988.
4. Jaremkiewicz M. (2014). Determination of transient fluid temperature using the inverse method. Archives of Thermodynamics Vol.35 No.1 pp.61-76.
5. Jedermann R. Ruiz-Garcia L. Lang W. (2009). Spatial temperature profiling by semi-passive RFID loggers for perishable food transportation. Computers & Electronics in Agriculture Vol.65 No.2 pp.145-154.
6. Jia K. (2013). Design of Wireless Sensor Node in Cold Chain Transportation Monitoring. Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery Vol.44 No.2 pp.136-141.
7. Liu L. Hu J. Zhang J. et al. (2010). Development of Time-Temperature Data Collection Program for Frozen Fish in the Cold Chain. Sensor Letters Vol.8 No.1 pp.47-51.
8. Luo Z. B. (2014). Effects of Different Vents Location on flow Characteristics of Air Conditioning. Applied Mechanics & Materials Vol.662 pp.179-182.
9. Mamun K. A. Stokes J. (2014). Development of a semi automated dual feed unit to produce FGM coatings using the HVOF thermal spray process. South Pacific Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences Vol.32 No.1 pp.18-26.
10. Mikielewicz D. Andrzejczyk R. Jakubowska B. et al. (2014). Comparative study of heat transfer and pressure drop during flow boiling and flow condensation in minichannels. Archives of Thermodynamics Vol.35 No.3 pp.17-37.
11. Mikielewicz D. Muszyński T. Mikielewicz J. (2012). Model of heat transfer in the stagnation point of rapidly evaporating microjet. Archives of Thermodynamics Vol.33 No.1 pp.139-152.
12. Net M. Trias E. Navarro A. et al. (2003). Cold chain monitoring during cold transportation of human corneas for transplantation. Transplantation Proceedings Vol.35 No.5 pp.2036-2038.
13. Oluwole L. Odunfa A. (2015). Investigating the effect of ocean waves on Gravity Based offshore platform using Finite Element Analysis Software ANSYS. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Vol.6 No.8 pp.24-33.
14. Spano M. Stara V. (2008). Application of a 2D Turbulence Model for Estimation of the Discharge Coefficient on Round-shaped Weirs. Aip Conference Proceedings Vol.1048 No.1 pp.806-809.
15. Tan Y. B. Zhang Q. Y. (2014). Food cold chain transportation management based on grid technology. Applied Mechanics & Materials Vol.543-547 pp.4540-4542.
16. Vasiliev L. Vasiliev L. Zhuravlyov A. et al. (2015). Vapordynamic thermosyphon - heat transfer two-phase device for wide applications. Archives of Thermodynamics Vol.36 No.4 pp.65-76.
17. Wang F. C. Jun-Guo L. I. Dong Y. C. et al. (2012). Research Progress of Application of Polysaccharides and Modified Polysaccharides in Film Coatings for Food Preservation. Food Science Vol.33 No.5 pp.299-304.
18. Wang J. L. (2014). Based on the Finite Element Software ANSYS/LS-DYNA Metal Plate Covering Parts Forming Process Simulation and Optimization Research. Advanced Materials Research Vol.912-914 pp.589-592.
19. Xiao Y. Liu D. (2011). Agricultural Products Refrigerated and Insulated Transport Technology and Equipment Research. Journal of Agricultural Mechanization Research Vol.33 No.1 pp.57-60.
20. Yue J. Liu L. Li Z. et al. (2013). Improved quality analytical models for aquatic products at the transportation in the cold chain. Mathematical & Computer Modelling Vol.58 No.s3–4 pp.474-479.
21. Zhang B. N. Zhu X. Y. Lai J. (2011). Effect of Ozone Water Treatment on Preservation of Chinese Chestnut Fruits during Storage. Food Science Vol.32 No.16 pp.361-364.
22. Zhang Z. Gao Z. Min L. I. et al. (2013). Effect of Food Additives on Postharvest Pathogens and Preservation of Mango Fruit. Chinese Journal of Tropical Crops Vol.34 No.11 pp.2289-2294.
23. Zhou Y. (2010). Effect of Velocity of Fluid Field of 3-Spacer Nozzle in Roll-Casting Models Using Coupled Fluid-Thermal Finite Element Analysis. Applied Mechanics & Materials Vol.29-32 pp.1481-1487.