Lung cancer remains one of the most frequent pathologies in Pulmonology Departments. Tumor extension, histopathological types, and treatment influence the prognosis and survival in lung cancer. Five years survival dramatically decreases for the 4th-stage of the disease. Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) represents the vast majority of lung cancers. In the last decades, important findings have been made on identifying standardized molecular biomarkers that control tumor growth in lung adenocarcinoma. The discovery of new drugs led to the increased survival, even in extensive forms of the disease. The greatest advances could be obtained by targeting EGFR genetic mutations or EML4-ALK translocate in patients diagnosed with adenocarcinoma lung cancer
4. Detterbeck F. C. Boffa D. J. Kim A. W. & Tanoue L. T. (2017). The Eighth Edition Lung Cancer Stage Classification. CHEST Journal 151(1) 193-203..
5. Goldstraw P. Chansky K. Crowley J. Rami- Porta R. Asamura H. Eberhardt W. E. ... & Rami-Porta R. (2016). The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (eighth) edition of the TNM classification for lung cancer. Journal of Thoracic Oncology 11(1) 39-51.
6. Lindeman N.I. Cagle P.T. Beasley M.B. Chitale D.A. Dacic S. Giaccone G. Jenkins R.B. Kwiatkowski D.J. Saldivar J.S. Squire J. Thunnissen E. & Ladanyi M. (2013). Molecular testing guideline for selection of lung cancer patients for EGFR and ALK tyrosine kinase inhibitors: guideline from the College of American Pathologists International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and Association for Molecular Pathology. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 137(6) 828-60. doi:
6. Lindeman, N.I., Cagle, P.T., Beasley, M.B., Chitale, D.A., Dacic, S., Giaccone, G., Jenkins, R.B., Kwiatkowski, D.J., Saldivar , J.S., Squire, J., Thunnissen, E. & Ladanyi, M. (2013). Molecular testing guideline for selection of lung cancer patients for EGFR and ALK tyrosine kinase inhibitors: guideline from the College of American Pathologists, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and Association for Molecular Pathology. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 137(6), 828-60. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2012-0720-OA.)| false
7. Lista protocoalelor terapeutice cu modificarile si completarile ulterioare. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.cnas.ro/
8. Kris M.G. Johnson B.E. Berry L.D. Kwiatkowski D.J. Iafrate A.J. Wistuba I.I. Varella-Garcia M. Franklin W.A. Aronson S.L. & Su P.-F. (2014). Using multiplexed assays of oncogenic drivers in lung cancers to select targeted drugs. Jama 311(19) 1998-2006. doi:
11. Kerr K.M. Bubendorf L. Edelman M.J. Marchetti A. Mok T. Novello S. O'Byrne K. Stahel R. Peters S. & Felip E. (2014). Second ESMO consensus conference on lung cancer: pathology and molecular biomarkers for non-small-cell lung cancer. Annals of Oncology 25(9) 1681-1690. doi:
11. Kerr, K.M., Bubendorf, L., Edelman, M.J., Marchetti, A., Mok, T., Novello, S., O'Byrne, K., Stahel, R., Peters, S. & Felip, E. (2014). Second ESMO consensus conference on lung cancer: pathology and molecular biomarkers for non-small-cell lung cancer. Annals of Oncology, 25(9), 1681-1690. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdu145)| false
12. Leighl N.B. Rekhtman N. Biermann W.A. Huang J. Mino-Kenudson M. Ramalingam S.S. West H. Whitlock S. & Somerfield M.R. (2014). Molecular testing for selection of patients with lung cancer for epidermal growth factor receptor and anaplastic lymphoma kinase tyrosine kinase inhibitors: American Society of Clinical Oncology endorsement of the College of American Pathologists/International Association for the study of lung cancer/association for molecular pathology guideline. Journal of clinical oncology 32(32) 3673-3679.
13. Oxnard G.R. Thress K.S. Alden R.S. Lawrance R. Paweletz C.P. Cantarini M. Yang J.C.-H. Barrett J.C. & Jänne P.A. (2016). Association between plasma genotyping and outcomes of treatment with osimertinib (AZD9291) in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Journal of clinical oncology 34(28) 3375-3382.