This study was aimed to determine the deficiency or excessivity of nutrients for sugar beet crop in Konya plain. The results showed that the pH value was found as 7.65 and soils were classified as sodic; the organic matter was 1.59% and 92.9% of the soil samples was poor in terms of the organic matter. The mean lime content (CaCO3) was determined capacity was 26.07 and 97.1% of the soil samples was limy and the mean cation Exchange capacity was 26.07 me/100g, and it was varied between 10.72 me/100g and 44.7 me/100g. The mean available NH4+NO3 nitrogen content, phosphorus and potassium for crop were as 0.059%, 10.21 ppm and 1.39 me/100g, respectively. According to the these results, NH4+NO3 nitrogen and potassium amounts were sufficient while the phosphourus content was sufficient in 65.8% and insufficient in 34.2%. Cu and Mn content in soil samples were adequate. The sufficient amounts of Zn, B and Fe were 85.7%, 45.8% and 95.7% and their insufficient amounts were 14.53%, 54.2% and 4.3%, respectively. According to the result of leaf analyses, the content of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium were sufficient. The deficiencies of iron, zinc and bor were found in 4.3%, 14.3% and 38.6% of the total samples, respectively.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Gezgin, S., Bayraklı, F., Polat, H., Özaytekin, H., Uyanöz, Ş., & Zengin, M. (1996). Değişik Azotlu Gübrelerin Şeker Pancarında (Beta vulgaris L. Kawemaja) Verim, Kalite ve Yaprakta Bazı Besin Elementleri Kapsamına Etkisi. Tr. J. of Agriculture and Forestry, 20, 213-217.
3. Bouyoucos, G.J. (1951). A recalibration of the hydrometer method for making mechanical analysis of soils. Agronomy J., 43, 434-438.
4. Tüzüner, A. (1990). Toprak ve Su Analiz Laboratuvarları El Kitabı (Hanbook for Soil and Water Analyses). Tarım Orman ve Köy İşleri Bakanlığı Köy Hizmetleri Genel Müdürlüğü, Yayın No: 279, Ankara.
5. Kacar, B. (1997). Bitki ve Toprağın Kimyasal Analizleri (The chamical analyses of plant and soil), III. Toprak Analizleri, A.Ü. Ziraat Fak. Eğitim, Araştırma ve Geliştirme Vakfı Yayınları, No: 3, Ankara.
6. Bremmer, J. M. (1965). Nitrogen Ed.: C.A.Black. In: Method of Soil Analysis. Part:II. Chemical and Microbiological Properties, Agronomy Series. No:9. Agron. Inc. Madison. Wisconsin. USA.
7. Bayraklı, F. (1987). Toprak ve Bitki Analizleri- Soil and Plant Analyses (Çeviri ve Derleme) 19 Mayıs Üniv. Zir. Fak. Yay. No: 17, Samsun.
8. Lindsay, W.L. & Norwell, W.A. (1978). Development of a DTPA Soil test for zinc, iron, manganese and copper. Soil Sci. Soc. Amer. J., 43 (2): 421-428, doi:
8. Lindsay, W.L. & Norwell, W.A. (1978). Development of a DTPA Soil test for zinc, iron, manganese and copper. Soil Sci. Soc. Amer. J., 43 (2): 421-428, doi: 10.2136/sssaj1978.03615995004200030009x.)| false
10. ICUMSA (1958). Report of the Proceedings. 12th Session, Sub. 23, Rec. 4, 97.
11. ICUMSA (1974). Report of the Proceedings. 16th Session, Sub. 12, Rec. 1, 156.
12. Kubadinov, N. & Wieninger, L. (1972). Compt. rent. XIV. Ass. Comm. Int. Tech. Sucr. (CITS) Brüssel, 1971, 539; s.a. Zucker 25. 43.
13. Ülgen, N. & Yurtsever, N. (1984). Türkiye Gübre ve Gübreleme Rehberi (Fertilizing Guide for Turkey soils). Toprak Su Genel Müdürlüğü Araştırma Dairesi Başkanlığı Yayın No: 47, Ankara.
14. Keren, R. & Bingham, F.T. (1985), Boron in Water, Soils and Plants. In: Stewart, B.A. (Ed.), Advances in Soil Science, Springer-Verlag, New York, pp. 229-276.
15. Perveen, S., Tariq, M., Farmanullah, Khattak, J.K., & Khattak, M.K. (1993), Hot water soluble boron status of NWFP soils and its relation with soil properties, Sarhad Journal of Agriculture, PK9700015.
16. Follett, R.H. & Lindsday, W.L. (1970). Profile distrubutions of zinc, iron, manganese and copper in Colorado soils. Colo. State. Univ. Exp. Sta. Bull., 110.
17. Finck, A. (1969). Pflanzenernahrung in Stichworten. Verlag Ferdinand Hirt, Kiel, 158-159.
18. Draycott, A.P. & Durrant, M.J. (1971). Effects of nitrogen fertiliser, plant population and irrigation on sugar beet. Part II, J. Agric. Sci., Camb., 76, 269-275, doi:
18. Draycott, A.P. & Durrant, M.J. (1971). Effects of nitrogen fertiliser, plant population and irrigation on sugar beet. Part II, J. Agric. Sci., Camb., 76, 269-275, doi: 10.1017/S0021859600025624)| false
20. Hills, F.J. & Ulrich. A. (1978). Plant analysis as a quide for mineral nutrition of sugar beets, Soil and plant-tissue testing in California. Division of Agricultural Sciences, University of California, Bull. 1879, 18-21.
21. Bergmann, W. (1992). Nutritional Disorders of Plants. Development, Visual and Analytical Diagnosis. Gustav Fischer Verlag Jena. Stuttgart - New York.
22. Sauchelli, V. (1969), Trace elements in agriculture, Van Nostrand, New York.
23. Haddock, J.L. & Stuart, D.M. (1979). Nutritional conditions in sugar beet fields of Western United States and chemical composition of leaf and petiole tissue, including minor elements. J. Am. Soc. Sug. Beet Technol. 15, 684-702.
24. Sorauer, P. (1969). Handbuch der Pflanzenkrankheiten Bd. I: Die nichtparasitären Pflanzenkrankheiten, 2. Lief., 7. Aufl. Parey, Berlin-Hamburg.
25. Kluge, R. & Podlesak, W. (1984). Einfluß des pH-Wertes auf den heißwasserlöslichen Bor (B)-Gehalt des Bodens. Arch. Acker-u. Pflanzeb. u. Bodenkde, 25, 663-670.
26. Chapman, H.D. (1966). Diagnotics criteria for plants and soils. Univ. of California, Div. of Agric. Sci., Riverside, USA.
27. Turhan, M. (1991). Konya Ovasında Yetiştirilen Şeker Pancarının Verimliliğine Çinkonun Etkisi. A.Ü. Toprak Anabilim Dalı Doktora Tezi (Yayınlanmamış). Ankara.