The aim of this study is to be investigated “Yield - irrigation depth” relationship for white breading rose in the conditions of Kazanlak’s Valley (south part of Bulgaria). The field experiment was carried out during 2009 - 2011 period with following variants: 1) without irrigation; 2) irrigation with 50% of the irrigation depth; 3) irrigation with 75% of the irrigation depth; 4) full irrigation (100% of calculated irrigation depth). This relationship is established in two directions - for blossom and for oil, using the degree equation: Yi=1-(1-Yd)x(1-xi)n, (where Yi is the yield by irrigation depth xi, Yd - yield without irrigation, xi - relative irrigation depth and n - exponent). The results show that used equation presents very accurately the change of the yield depending on level of the irrigation depth. The value of “n” is from 1.0 to 1.2 and R>0.94. There is linear relationship (by R2>0.8), which allows predicting the yield of oil by data for yield of blossom.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Garside A.L. Lawn R.J. & Byth D.E. (1992). Irrigation management of soybean (Glycine max L. Merrill) in a semi arid tropical environment. I. Effect of irrigation frequency on growth development and yield. Australian Journal of Agricultural research 43 (5) 1003 - 1017.
2. Petrova V. (2010). Evaluation of the Meliorative effects on Water and Thermal Regimes of Crops of Soybean and Wheat. Dissertation Sofia.
3. Varlev I. (1983). Optimize the uniformity of irrigation. Agricultural Academy. Sofia.
4. VarlevI. & Popova Z. (1999). Waterevapotranspiration-yield. IHM - Sofia.
5. Varlev I. (1983). Potential efficiency and risk in maize growing in Bulgaria. Agricultural Academy. Sofia.
6. Diez R.T. Rojas P.H. & Agudelo D.O. (1998). Funciones agua produccion y eficiencia del uso agua de genotipes de soya Acta Agronomica Universidat Nacional de Columbia 48 (3 - 4) 28 - 36.
7. Senchukov G.A. (1986). Effect of irrigation rate on the yield of major crops in the conditions of the Rostov region. Rational use of irrigated crops and programming 31 - 38.
8. Nekov N. Matev Al. & Ovcharova A. (2014). ”Additional yield - irrigation depth” relationship for white bearing rose (Rosa Alba L.). Ovidius University Annals - Constantza Romania Year XVI - Issue 16 91 - 104.
9. Davidov D. (1982). On the “Yield-Water” relationship. Irrigation and Land Reclamation 7 18 - 20 (BG).
10. Davidov D. & Gajdarova St. (1994). Computer Programme for Calculating Crop Yields with and without Irrigation for a Series for Past Years. 17th European Regional Conference on Irrigation and Drainage ICID-CIID Varna Bulgaria 1 255-260.