Latest developments in international standardization of whole-body and hand-arm vibration are pre- sented. In addition, two German projects are presented that might have impact on international work programs in the next years.
1. Brammer A., Pitts P. (2012), Frequency Weight- ing for Vibration-induced White Finger Compati- ble with Exposure-response Models, Industrial Health, 50, 397-411, 2012, NIOSH Japan https://www.jsta-ge.jst.go.jp/article/indhealth/50/5/50MS1383/pdf.
2. CEN/TR 16391, Mechanical vibration and shock - Hand-transmitted vibration - Influence of coupling forces at the hand-machine interface on exposure eval- uation.
3. DIN SPEC 45697:2012-06, Mechanische Schwingun- gen und St¨ose - Verfahren zur Bewertung stoshaltiger Ganzkorper-Vibrationen.
4. DIN V 45679, Mechanical vibration - Measurement and evaluation of coupling forces for assessment of vibra- tion exposure of the hand-arm system.
5. DIN 45679, Mechanische Schwingungen - Messung und Bewertung der Greif- und Andruckkrafte zur Beurteilung der Schwingungsbelastung des Hand-Arm- Systems.
6. DIRECTIVE 2002/44/EC of 25 June 2002 on the min- imum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to the risks arising from phys- ical agents (vibration) (sixteenth individual Direc- tive within the meaning of Article 16(1) of Directive 89/391/EEC).
7. GUM, ENV 13005:1999, ISO/BIPM Guide to the ex- pression of uncertainty in measurement.
8. ISO 2631-1:1997, Mechanical vibration and shock - Evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration - Part 1: General requirements.
9. ISO/TR 10687:2012, Mechanical vibration - Descrip- tion and determination of seated postures with refer- ence to whole-body vibration.
10. ISO 2631-5:2004, Mechanical vibration and shock - Evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration - Part 5: Method for evaluation of vibration containing multiple shocks.
11. ISO 5349-2:2001, Mechanical vibrations - Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration - Part 2: Practical guidance for measurement at the workplace.
12. ISO 15230:2007-08-31, Mechanische Schwingungen und St¨ose. Ankopplungskr¨afte der Hand an Maschinengrif- fen bei Einwirkung von Hand-Arm-Schwingungen.
13. ISO 5349-1 basic standard, Mechanical vibration - Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration - Part 1: General require- ments.
14. ISO 8662, Hand-held portable power tools. Measure- ments of vibrations at the handle.
15. ISO 28927, Hand-held portable power tools - Test meth- ods for evaluation of vibration emission.
16. IEC 60745-1, Hand-held motor-operated electric tools - Safety - Part 1: General requirements.
17. ISO 20643, Mechanical vibration - hand-held and hand- guided machinery - Principles for evaluation of vibration emission.
18. ISO 5349-2:2001/DAM 1:2013, Mechanical vibrations - Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration - Part 2: Practical guidance for measurement at the workplace.
19. ISO 18570, Mechanical vibration - Frequency weighting characteristics for hand-transmitted vibration.
20. VIENNA AGREEMENT (Agreement on techni- cal co-operation between ISO and CEN (2001). The text of the Vienna agreement is available at: http://www.cen.eu/boss/supporting/Reference%20do-cuments/cooperation/Pages/default.aspx