The paper focuses on the problem of test signal selection in determining the sound scattering coefficient in accordance with ISO 17497-1. Research shows that the use of MLS signal is preferred in this procedure. The sine sweep signal, despite its advantages, presents certain limitations if the sample is moving during measurement. An attempt has been made to develop a method that allows for minimization of error, demonstrating the dependence of the obtained values of the sound scattering coefficient on the rotational speed of the turntable and type of test signal. Conditions for the application of the sine sweep signals in continuous and discrete measurements were defined.
1. Cox T.J., Dalenback B.-I.L., D’Antonio P., Embrechts J.J., Jeon J.Y., Mommertz E., Vorlander M. (2006), A Tutorial on Scattering and Diffusion Coefficients for Room Acoustic Surfaces, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 92, 1-15.
2. Choi Y., Leong D. (2011), Effects of Unspecified Experimental Conditions in ISO 17497-1 on the Scattering coefficients Measured in Scale Model, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 97, 75-81.
3. De Geetere L., Vermeir G. (2002), Investigations on real-scale experiments for the measurement of the ISO scattering coefficient in the reverberation room, Proc. Forum Acusticum Sevilla.
4. Embrechts J.J. (2002), Practical aspects of the ISO procedure for measuring the scattering coefficient in a real-scale experiment, Proc. Forum Acusticum Sevilla.
5. Farina A. (2000), Simultaneous measurement of impulse response and distortion with a swept-sine technique, JAES, 48, 350.
6. Felis J., Flach A., Kamisiński T. (2012), Testing of a device for positioning measuring microphones in anechoic and reverberation chambers, Archives of Acoustics, 37, 245-250.
7. Kamisiński T., Rubacha J., Pilch A. (2010), The study of sound scattering structures for the purposes of room acoustic enhancement, Acta Physica Polonica A, 118, 83-86.
8. Kamisiński T., Brawata K., Pilch A., Rubacha J., Zastawnik M. (2012), Sound diffusers with fabric covering, Archives of Acoustics, 37, 317-322.
9. Pilch A., Kamisiński T. (2011), The effect of geometrical and material modification of sound diffusers on their acoustic parameters, Archives of Acoustics, 36, 955-966.
10. Vorländer M., Embrechts J.J. (2004), Case studies in measurement of random incidence scattering coefficients, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 90, 858-867.
11. ISO 17497-1:2004, Acoustics - Sound-scattering properties of surfaces - Part 1: Measurement of the random-incidence scattering coefficient in a reverberation room.