The infectious risk in the dental practice, including in the orthodontic practice, represents a real danger for both the medical team (orthodontic specialist, dental nurse and dental technician), but also for the patient. But, dental orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics is a specialty in the field of dentistry with a special content and special instruments and, therefore, by conducting this study, even if it is only preliminary, we set out to highlight a succession of concepts, the objective being to familiarize the specialists in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics with certain rules with theoretical and practical character, which aim to prevent and combat the infectious risk in orthodontic practice.
6. Council on dental materials, instruments and equipment, Council on dental practice, Council on dental therapeutics. Infection control recommendation for the dental office and the dental laboratory. J Am Dent Assoc. 1996;116:241-248.
7. Council on scientific affairs and council on dental practice. Infection control recommendation for the dental office and the dental laboratory. J Am Dent Assoc. 1996;127:672-680.
8. Missika P, Drouhet G, et al. Hygiene, Asespsie, Ergonomie. Un defi permanent. Paris: Editions CdP, 2001.
9. Burlibașa M., Muntianu L., Tănase G., Bucur M.B., Comes C.A., Ionescu C.A. Study on microbial contamination of biomaterials in medical practice. Metalurgia International. 2010; Vol. XV, Spec. Issue No. 2, p. 163-166.
10. Tănase G, Burlibașa M, Muntianu L, Simion I, Bucur MB, Ionescu CA. Testing the antibacterial potential of biomaterials in medical practice. Metalurgia International. 2010; Vol. XV, Spec. Issue No. 2, p. 160-162.
11. Burlibașa M, Tănase G, Muntianu L, Murgu AI, Teodorescu E, Malița C. Quality of life, a multidisciplinary concept with economic and social impacts in medical practice. Metalurgia International. 2010; Vol. XV, Spec. Issue No. 4, p. 88-90.
12. Mocuța D, Popovici IA, Burlibașa L, Cristache G, Sfeatcu R, Bodnar T. Impact of the living conditions on population health. Metalurgia International. 2009;14:17-19.
13. Ispas DC, Eftene OA, Burlibașa M, Bucur MB, Tănase G, Cristache CM. Implications of titanium in orthodontics and dental facial orthopedics. Metalurgia International. 2011;Vol. XVI, No. 10, p. 72-74.
14. Burlibașa M, Cernușcă-Mițariu M, Burcea CC, Mițariu M, Ferechide D. Halogen compounds – theoretical, physiological and practical aspects regarding the decontamination, disinfection and sterilisation of intsruments and biomaterials in dental medicine practice. Metalurgia International. 2012; Vol. XVIII, Spec. Issue No. 3, p. 54-57.
15. Burlibașa M, Cernușcă-Mițariu M, Cernușcă-Mițariu S, Mițariu M, Malița M. Theoretical and practical aspects related to biomaterials decontamination in dental medicine (with reference to dental prosthetics). Metalurgia International. 2013; Vol. XVIII, No. 4, p. 261-267.
16. Burlibasa L, Domnariu C. Epigenetic landscape of human diseases. Acta Medica Transilvanica. 2018;23(2):33-37.
17. Bodnar DC, Burlibașa L, Vârlan C, Marcov N, Georgescu SR, Marcov CE. Mercury, biocompatibility and its impact on environment. Metalurgia International. 2009;14:95-100.
18. Cristache CM, Burlibașa M, Cristache G, Drafta S, Popovici IA, Iliescu AA, et al. Zirconia and its biomedical applications. Metalurgia International. 2011; Vol. XVI, No. 7, p. 18-23.
19. Mihai A, Chifiriuc CM, Lazăr V, Stănescu R, Burlibașa M, Ispas DC. Microbial biofilms in dental medicine in reference to implanto-prostethic rehabilitation. Rev chir oro-maxilo-fac implantol. 2008;1(1):9-13.
20. Sfarghiu LG, Oancea L, Lițescu R, Burlibașa M, Moraru L, Perieanu VS, et al. The influence of disinfectants incorporation on die stone linear expansion. Romanian Biotechnological Letters. 2016;21(3):11585-11590.
21. Jamous S, Burlibașa L. New insights in molecular analysis of gene regulation - an epigenetic overview. Letters in Applied Nanobioscience. 2018;(1-2):511-522.