The minimum invasive dental concept is based on practical experience of more than 30 years negative trends from the use of resin materials in distal teeth and early metal-ceramic “aesthetic” crowns and bridges. The scientific dental research includes all aspects of the conservative dentistry treatment which are scientifically and clinically proved with most up to date methods and tests: anthropometric, epidemiological, biochemical, immunohistochemical, electron microscopy, polarized light microscopy, light induced fluorescence, microradiography, microbiology, genetic tests, etc. Experiments in vitro, animal tests, clinical research in the last 34 years are focused in the field of prevention of dental caries, treatment of precavitated precarious lesions with nanotechnologies, preparation of hard dental tissues with most conservative techniques, adhesive restoration methods with amalgam and resins, backup in endodontics in root canals preparation methods and in pins and posts fixations. The conclusions can be focused on basic principles and refocused in the 21st century like: Dental caries is not only predictable and controlled disease but is also a polyetiological disease on a community and population levels and uni- or bi-etiological on an individual level. The minimum invasive dental concept in cariology and endodontics leads to prevention of early extractions, early prosthetic medical procedures and to lifetime dental health. This plays a key role in prevention of metabolic disorders and gastrointestinal diseases.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Boteva E. The impact of concentrated and refined foods in the etiopathogenesis of dental caries. Dissertation Medical University Sofia 1988: in Bulgarian.
2. Boteva E M Kostova E Dulgerova. X-ray Diffraction Analysis of Teeth and Bones of Wistar Rats Fed on Four Diifferent Isocaloric Diets. Caries Research 25 1991 3 218 Abstr. 19 .
3. Boteva E. Nutritional factors in dental caries etiology. Lecture.Dental Research Seminars. University of Glasgow. Dental School. 20.03.1993.
4. Boteva E. Effects of Nutrition on Dental Caries Salivary pH and Biochemical Patterns in Metabolic Patients. Caries Research 27 1993 3 213 Abstr .24 .
5. Boteva E C Robinson J Kirkham. Effect of Cd and Zn on the Biomineralization of Enamel Dentine and Bone. Caries Research 28 1994 3 207 Abstr. 94.
6. Boteva E A Rugg-Gunn S Higham. Remineralization of White Spot Carious Lesions with Fluoridated Milk. Caries Research 30 1996 4 307 Abstr. 124.
7. Boteva E. Delivery of Fluoride to oral tissues via milk. Leture. Dept. of Oral Biol. University of Newcastle upon Tyne. May 1996.
8. Boteva E. Clinical studies on the effects of nutrition on the DE- and Re-mineralization of the mineralized dental tissues. Lecture. International Conference of Prophylaxis and Biomaterials. Poznan 9-10. 06.1997.
9. Boteva E. Proteinmediated fluoridation and enamel demineralization. Lecture. International Conference on Surface and Colloid Science. 6-12.07.1997 Sofia.
10. Boteva E AJ Rugg-Gunn. Proteinmediated Fluoridation and Enamel Remineralization: an In vitro Approach. Stoma 2000 4 287-291.
11. Boteva E Dulgerova E. Study on the Influence of Hydroxyapatite Suspention on the Kinetic of Enamel Dissolution. Stoma 2001 2 121-124.
12. Boteva E. Sucrose clearance in patients with oral galvanism. Amb Acta Medica Bulgarica 30 2003 1 90-94.
13. Boteva E AJ Rugg-Gunn. Fluoride retention in enamel slabs after rinsing or drinking F milk or F water. Acta Medica Bulgarica 31 2004 1 46-52.
14. Boteva E. Adhesive remineralization in dental caries prevention. Lecture. IV International Congress of Medical Sciences- ICMS. Sofia 12-15.05. 2005
15. Boteva E. Tunnel restorations of Class II Caries lesions. Caries Research 43 2009 3 231 Abstr.145.
16. Boteva Е. Significance of the size of the clinical crowns of molars in cariology and endodontics. Acta Medica Bulgarica 37 2010 2 94-98.
17. Boteva E. Endodontic treatment of periapical lesions-evidence based approach. 17 Congress of ESE Sept. 2011 Rome Abstr. 16.
18. Boteva Е. Use of posts in general dental practice. Acta Medica Bulgarica 38 2011 1 64-69.
19. Boteva Е. Use of posts from undergraduate dental students. Acta Medica Bulgarica 38 2011 1 70-75.
20. Boteva E. An in vitro study on the sizes of pulp chambers and clinical crowns of molars. Acta Medica Bulgarica 38 2011 2 83-88.
21. Boteva E. Dental oral and metabolic changes in patients with diabetes type II and hyperlipidemia. In Bulgarian language IN: Prevention Diagnosis and Therapy - Actual Problems. Havities 2012 625-628.
22. Boteva E. Endodontics: lectures atlas and research. A monograph in Bulgarian with 21 chapters and 21 English abstracts. 2014. Sofia. Havities.
23. Boteva E. Late results of two steps application of dentin bondingagent in the biological treatment of the pulp. Abstr. In English. Problems of Dentistry 29 2003 1 3-6.
24. Boteva Е D. Iovchev. The sizes of pulp chambers of molars with severe root curvatures in vitro comparative study. Acta Medica Bulgarica 39 2012 1 92-96.
25. Boteva Е D.I ovchev Efficiancy of working length detection and irrigation during preparation of curved root canals. Acta Medica Bulgarica 39 2012 1 97-103.
26. Boteva Е D. Iovchev Efficiancy of working length detection and irrigation during preparation of curved root canals. Journal of Bass 2012 1 1-4.
27. Boteva E. In vitro comparison of dentin bonding agent and cementum under composite material in cavities class I and II. Abstr. in English Annual Proceedings of IMAB 8 2002 1 64-67.
28. Boteva Е. M. Мarinova D. Karayasheva Аn in vitro study of root caries in front teeth. Acta Medica Bulgarica 39 2012 2. 68-71.
29. Boteva Е K. Peycheva. Detection of Dental Hypoplasia Ability of Fuorescence methods. Acta Medica Bulgarica 40 2013 1 61-64.
30. Boteva E Karayasheva M. Marinova Frequency of root caries in teeth with sound crowns. Car. Res. 47 2013 5 439 Abstr. 62.
31. Boteva E K. Peycheva D. Karayasheva D. Pashkouleva. A study on fracture resistance of class IV cavities treated with pins. Acta Medica Bulgarica 41 2014 2 43-48.
32. Boteva E. K. Peycheva D. Karayasheva D. Pashkouleva. А study on fracture resistance of class II cavities treated with pins. Int J Science Res 4 3 2015 1722-1724
33. Boteva E. K. Peycheva D. Karayasheva. Frequency of iatrogenic changes caust from overhang restorations. Acta Medica Bulgarica 42 2015 2 30-35.
34. Boteva E. Minimum invasive dental concept in prevention and conservative treatment from research and science to practice. IJSR 5 2016 11 1325-1328.
35. Karayasheva M. Marinova Boteva E. Salivary flow rate buffer capacity microbial countsand caries activity of young healthy subjects. Caries Research 44 2010 3 193 Abstr. 56.
36. Karayasheva D. M. Marinova-Takorova E. Boteva. A study on salivary clearance in dental caries prediction. Arch. of the Balkan Medical Union vol.49 2014 3 319-323.
37. Karayasheva D. M. Glushkova T. Kadiyska E. Boteva. Association study of the role of Glut 2 receptor in dental caries susceptibility dietary habits and body mass index-BMI. International Journal of Science and Research 5 2016 3 83-86.
38. Karayasheva D. M. Glushkova E. Boteva V. Mitev T. Kadiyska Association study for the role of Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 3 gene polymorphisms in dental caries susceptibility. Arch Oral Biology 68 2016 9-12.
39. Karayasheva D. M. Glushkova T. Kadiyska E. Boteva The role of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP2 and MMP3) gene polymorphisms in dental caries susceptibility. Caries Research 50 2016 27 Abstr. 59.
40. Marinova-Takorova M D. Karayasheva E. Boteva. Evaluation of microleakage at the interface between cavity walls and giomer and silorane based resin-in vitro study. Scripta Scientifica Medicinae Dentalis 1 2015 1 38-42.
41. Мarinova M. E. Boteva K. Kalinov The role of unstimulatedsaliva as a risk factor for the development of root caries. Caries Research 49 2015 p. 315 Abstr. 40.
42. Мarinova M. E. Boteva K. Kalinov A study on the connection between root caries and periodontal disease. Comptes rendus 69 2016 9 1239-1244.
43. Peycheva K. E. Boteva. Methods for diagnosing dental fluorosis: Quantitative Laser fluorescence and Light-Indused fluorescence. Acta Medica Bulgarica 40 2013 1 53-60.
44. Peycheva K. E. Boteva. А Clinical study on dental fluorosis with Light Indused Fluorescence. IJSR International Journal of Science and Research 4 3/2015 1239-1241.
45. Peycheva K. E. Boteva. А comparison of different methods for fissure caries detection. Acta Medica Bulgarica 43 2016 1 30-38.
46. Peycheva K. D. Karayasheva E. Boteva. Diagnostic abilities of light induced fluorescence LIF with SoproLife device. Caries Research 50 2016 61 Abstr. 137.
47. Robinson C. R. Shore W. Bonass et al. Identification of Human Serum Albumin in Human Caries Lesions of Enamel Caries Research 32 1998 3. 193-199.
48. Rugg-Gunn A. E. Boteva. Fluoride and Calcium Retention in the Mouth after Rinsing with F-milk or F-water. Stoma 2000 3 .223-226.
49. Rugg-Gunn A. E. Boteva. Retention of Fluoride and Calcium in the Mouth after Rinsing with Fluoridated Milk or Fluoridated Water. Caries Research 31 1997 4 302 Abstr. 65.
50. Rugg-Gunn A. E. Boteva. Fluoride Retention in The Mouth after Rinsing with F-milk or F-water 3 IADR/CED Sept. 1996 Berlin Journal of Dental Research 76 1997 May 5 Abstr 089 1105 80.
51. Rugg-Gunn A. E. Boteva. Fluoride Retention in Enamel Slabs after Rinsing or Drinking F-milk or F-water IADR/CED Sept. 1997 Madrid Journal of Dental Research 1998 77 May 5 Abstr 357 1251 105.