Parallel manipulator belongs to group of mechanisms with closed kinematic chains. This feature involves both advantages and disadvantages. The study examined the issue of accuracy of a planar system with three degrees of freedom, with revolute pairs, showing the effect of errors of the drives settings on effector positioning deviation. Enclosed is a numerical example for which analyzed the deviation in motion manipulator when going through the singular configuration. Based on the analysis was determined the area around the singular positions for which to obtain the orientation of the assumed accuracy is impossible.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bałchanowski J. (2014), Topology and analysis of the singularities of a parallel mechanism with three degrees of freedom, Archives of Civil & Mechanical Engineering, 14(1), 80-87.
2. Banke B., Dhiraj K., Chandan J., Vijay S. (2014), Rathore and Anjan Kumar Dash A geometric approach for the workspace analysis of two symmetric planar parallel manipulators, Robotica, FirstView, 1 – 26.
3. Briot S., Bonev I. A. (2008), Accuracy analysis of 3-DOF planar parallel robots, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 43(4), 445-458.
4. Choi J. H., Seo T., Lee J. W. (2013), Singularity Analysis of a Planar Parallel Mechanism with Revolute Joints based on a Geometric Approach, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 14(8), 1369-1375.
5. Firmani F., Podhorodeski R. P. (2009), Singularity analysis of planar parallel manipulators based on forward kinematic solutions, Mechanism & Machine Theory, 44 (7), 1386-1399.
6. Gronowicz A., Prucnal-Wiesztort M. (2006), Singular configurations of planar paralel manipulators, Archves of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 6(2), 21-30.
7. Huang M. Z., Thebert J.-L. (2010), A study of workspace and singularity characteristics for design of 3-DOF planar parallel robots, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 51(5-8), 789-797.
8. Tannous M., Caro S., Goldsztejn A. (2014), Sensitivity analysis of parallel manipulators using an interval linearization method, Mechanism & Machine Theory, 71, 93-114.
9. Yu A., Zsombor-Murray P., Bonev I. A. (2008), Geometric approach to the accuracy analysis of a class of 3-DOF planar parallel robots, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 43(3), 364-375.
10. Zhang Q. H, Fan X. R., Zhang X. M. (2014), Dynamic Analysis of Planar 3-(R)under-barRR Flexible Parallel Robots with Dynamic Stiffening, Shock and Vibration, Article ID 370145, 1-13.