A drive system of a section of a metallurgical rolling table consisting of six dc motors, 2220 amperes of total current, fed from a single ABB reversible thyristor converter has been described in this paper. Autonomous excitation circuits of the motors are fed from independent thyristor converters working in the so called MULTIFEX system linked with a supervisory high power converter. There are presented schemes of the DSL communication realized by FEX excitation cards of the motors using the SDSC card of the DCS-800-S02 converter and logic control system based on a PLC controller. The parameterization of the DCS-800 converter and the DCF 803 excitation systems was conducted using the DriveWindow software tool. Significant waveforms of voltages, currents and the estimated motor velocity are described and presented for the idle run as well as during transporting sheets discharged from a pusher furnace.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Abu-Rub H. Guziński J. Jąderko A. Krzemiński Z. (2004) Practical Realisation of New Method of Synchronisation for Controlled Rectifier International Conference on Power Electronics Intelligent Motions and Power Quality PCIM 2004 Nuremberg Germany 533 - 538.
2. Abu-Rub H. Guziński J. Jąderko A. Krzemiński Z. (2005) Digital Implementation of a Novel Controlled Rectifier Synchronization Method Electric Power Components and Systems Vol. 33 (10) 1123 - 1135.
3. Dobrucki W. Gregorczyk R. Świątoniowski A. Zawada S. (1991) Introduction to design and operation of rolling mills - Calculations and experiments Wydawnictwo AGH Kraków (in Polish).
4. Friedli T. Hartmann M. Kolar J.W. (2014) The Essence of Three- Phase PFC Rectifier Systems-Part II IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics Volume: 29 (2) 543- 560.
5. Gała M. Rak J. Kępiński M. Jagieła K. (2009) Application of Drive Window software for AC and DC drives operation states diagnostics Electric Machines - Problem Issues No.82/2009 BOBRME KOMEL Katowice 33-38 ISSN 0239-3646 (in Polish).
6. Guziński J. Diaguet M. Krzemiński Z. Lewicki A. Abu-Rub H. (2009) Application of speed and load torque observers in high-speed train drive for diagnostic purposes IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics Vol 57(2) 565-574.
7. Jagieła K. (1997) Theoretical issues in calculation of load parameters of rolling table motors. Research Notes of Lvov State University of Technology - Electrical power engineering and electro-mechanical systems Systemy № 340 142-147 (in Ukrainian).
8. Jagieła K. (2003) Model of metallurgical discharge rolling table Electrical Review No.6/2003 448- 452.
9. Jagieła K. Gała M. (2008) Setting screw electrical drive of the vertical milling cage using MASTER- FOLLOWER control IX Inter-national Scientific Conference „New Technologies in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering” Metallurgy Committee PAS Czestochowa University of Technology Vol. 1 146-149 (in Polish).
10. Kolar J. W. Friedli T. (2013) The Essence of Three-Phase PFC Rectifier Systems-Part I IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics Volume: 28 (1) 176-198.
11. Michael C.A. Safacas A.N. (2007) Dynamic and Vibration Analysis of a Multimotor DC Drive System With Elastic Shafts Driving a Tissue Paper Machine IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics Vol. 54 (4) 2033-2046.
12. Multifex motor control for roller tables DCS800 Drives (20 to 5200 A) ABB Automation Products Germany 05-2008.