The article presents the analysis of the structure of the load capacity of riveted joints. For the four joining systems the lap joint specimens were made and tested in the shearing test. The joints were prepared for the three combinations of the DC01 steel and EN AW- 5754 aluminium alloy sheets with the thickness of 2mm. On the basis of the obtained load-elongation diagram tensile shear test curves, the basic parameters defined in the ISO/DIS 12996 standard were determined. In the case of the conventional riveted joints the maximum load capacity of the joint is determined by the strength of the fastener. For the joints with aluminium-steel blind rivet , the load capacity of the joint was on the strength limit of the rivet tubular part and on the strength limit of the sheet material. The strength of the SSPR joint is determined by the mechanical properties of the material of the joined sheets. From all sheets and rivet specimens arrangements the highest load capacity of the joint was obtained for the DC01 sheet material joints, and the lowest load capacity of the joint was obtained for the EN AW-5754 sheet material joints.
1. Cheraghi S. (2008), Effect of variations in the riveting process on the quality of riveted joints, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 39, 1144-1155.
2. DIN 8593-0:2003, (2003a), Manufacturing processes joining, Part 0, General: classification,subdivision, terms and definitions.
3. DIN 8593-5:2003, (2003b), Manufacturing processes joining, Part 5, Joining by forming pro-cesses: classification, subdivision, terms and definitions.
4. DIN EN ISO 14272, (2002), Specimen dimensions and procedure for cross tensiontesting resistance spot and embossed projection welds.
5. EN1993-1-8, (2005), Eurocode 3, Design of steel structures, Part1-8: Design of joints.
6. Gao S., Budde L. (1994), Mechanism of mechanical press joining, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 5, 641-657.
7. He X., Pearson I., Young K. (2008), Self-pierce riveting for sheet materials: state of the art, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 199, 27-36.
8. ISO/DIS 12996, (2013), Mechanical joining - Destructive testing of joints - Specimen dimensions and test procedure for tensile shear testing of single joints.
9. Kaščák L., Spišák E., Mucha J. (2013), Clinchrivet as an alternative method to resistance spot welding, Acta Mechanica et Automatica, 7, 79-82.
10. Meschut G., Janzen V., Olfermann T. (2014), Innovative and highly productive joining technologies for multi-material lightweight car body structures, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 23, 1515-1523.
11. Mucha J. (2013), The effect of material properties and joining process parameters on behavior of self-pierce riveting joints made with the solid rivet, Materials and Design, 52, 932-946.
12. Mucha J. (2014), The numerical analysis of the effect of the joining process parameters on self-piercing riveting using the solid rivet, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 14, 444-454.
13. Mucha J., Witkowski W. (2014), The clinching joints strength analysis in the aspects of changes in the forming technology and load conditions, Thin-Walled Structures, 82, 55-66.
14. Neugebauer R., Jesche F., Israel M. (2010), Enlargement of the application range of solid punch riveting by two-piece dies, International Journal of Material Forming, 3, 999-1002.
15. Neugebauer R., Todtermuschke M., Mauermann R., Riedel F. (2008), Overview on the state of development and the application potential of dieless mechanical joining processes, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 4, 51-60.
16. Nong N., Keju O., Yu Z., Zhiyuan Q., Changcheng T., Feipeng L. (2003), Research on press joining technology for automotive metallic sheets, Journal of Materials Processing Technology,1-3, 159-163.
17. Szymczyk E., Godzimirski J. (2012), The influence of riveting process on sheets fatigue life - the stress state analysis, Acta Mechanica et Automatica, 6, 74-81.
18. Todtermuschke M. in: Grote K-H., Antonsson EK (2009), Springer Handbook of Mechanical Engineering, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, p 686-697.
19. Voelkner W., Jesche F., Lachmann L. (2002), Joining by forming: Newer developments, Journal for Technology of Plasticity, 1-2, 5-17.
20. www.kerbkonus.com (01.01.2013).