Automatic gearbox gains increasing popularity in Europe. Little interest in diagnosis of such type of transmission in Poland results from the fact of small share in the whole market of operated cars, so there is a lack of availability of special diagnostic devices. These factors cause issues of expensive repairs, often involving a replacement of subassembly to new or aftermarket one. To a small extent some prophylactic diagnostic tests are conducted, which can eliminate future gearbox system failures. In the paper, the proposition of diagnostic system of popular A - 604 gearbox was presented. The authors are seeking for the possibility of using such type of devices to functional elaboration of gearboxes after renovation. The built system pursues the drive of the researched object, connected with simulated load, where special controller, replacing the original one, is responsible for controlling gearbox operation. This way is used to evaluate the mechanic and hydraulic parts' state. Analysis of signal runs, registered during measurements lets conclude about operation correctness, where as comparison with stock data verifies the technical state of an automatic gearbox.
1. Automatic Transmission Service Group: Introduction: Chrysler A -604, Florida 1994 - 2005.
2. Bemporad A., Borodani P., Mannelli M. (2003), Hybrid control of an automotive robotized gearbox for reduction of consumptions and emissions, 6th International Workshop on Hybrid Systems - Computation and Control (HSCC 2003), Prague, Czech Republic, Apr 03 - 05, Edited by: Maler O., Pnueli A., Hybrid systems: Computation and control proceedings, Vol. 2623, 81 - 96.
4. Bozca M. (2010), Torsional vibration model based optimization of gearbox geometric design parameters to reduce rattle noise in an automotive transmission, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 45, 1583-1598.
5. Haj - Fraj A., Pfeiffer F. (2001), Optimal control of gear shift operations in automatic transmissions, Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 338, 371-390.
6. Advanced Digital Technology Co. Ltd. (2014), http://adigitec.com/data/ADT%20Brochure%20130215%20Light%20version.pdf.
12. Kulkarni M., Shim T., Zhang Y. (2007), Shift dynamics and control of dual - clutch transmissions, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 42, 168-182
13. Merkisz J., Mazurek S. (2006), OBDII EOBD On - board diagnostics, WKL, Warszawa.
14. Ognjanovic M., Milutinovic M. (2013), Design for Reliability Based Methodology for Automotive Gearbox Load Capacity Identification, Strojniški vestnik - Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 59/5, 311 - 322.
15. Remond D., Soleilhac P., Play D., Coppens P., Villars F. (1998), Transmission error measurements on automotive gearbox, Mechanique Inustielle et ma Materiaux, Vol. 51/2, 61 - 63.
16. Rumble A. W. (2000), Techniques for enhancing correlation between objective tonal noise measurements from automotive transmissions on test stands and subjective assessments in - vehicle, IMECHE - Vehicle Noise and Vibration, Vol. 2000/1, 127 - 137.
17. Ślaski G. (2010), Savings the fuels due to modern solutions in automatic gearboxes, InterdisciplinaryScientific Conference Ecological and Energetic Threats and New Challenges materials, PWSZ, Gniezno, 64 - 74.
18. Ślaski G. (2012), The purposefulness of application and control issues of friction brake within test bench simulation reproducing the drivetrain dynamics, The Archives of Automotive Engineering, 4/58, 57 - 66
19. Ślaski G., Walkowiak J. (2011), Test bench simulation reproducing the drivetrain dynamics of a car with automatic transmission - control and results of experimental tests, The Archives of Automotive Engineering, 3/53, 61 - 80.
20. Sobieraj W. (2005), Automatic gearboxes, Instalator Polski, 4.
21. Walker P. D., Zhang N., Tamba R. (2011), Control of gear shifts in dual clutch transmission powertrains, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 25, 1923-1936
22. Wen - Miin H., Yu - Lien H. (2011), Connecting clutch elements to planetary gear trains for automotive automatic transmissions via coded sketches, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol 46, 44-52.