Magnetorheological elastomers (MRE) are “SMART” materials that change their mechanical properties under influence of magnetic field. Thanks to that ability it is possible to create adaptive vibration dampers based on the MRE. To test vibration damping abilities of this material special test stand is required. This article presents design concept for such test stand with several options of testing.
1. Choi J. S., Yoo J. (2008), Design of a Halbach Magnet Array Based on Optimization Techniques, Magnetics, 44, 10, 2361-2366.
2. Giraudeau A., Pierron F. (2005), Identification of stiffness and damping properties of thinisotropic vibrating plates using the virtual fields method: theory and simulations, Journal of Sound andVibration, 284, 757-781.
3. H. Raich and P. Blümler (2004), Design and construction of a dipolar halbach array with a homogeneous field from identical bar magnets: Nmr mandhalas. Concepts in Magnetic ResonancePart B: Magnetic Resonance Engineering, 23B (1):16-25.
4. I. Kasa (1976), A circle fitting procedure and its error analysis, IEEETrans. Instrum. Meas., Vol. 25, 8-14.
5. Kaleta J., Królewicz M., Lewandowski D. (2011), Magnetomechanical properties of anisotropic and isotropic magnetorheological composites with thermoplastic elastomer matrices, Smart Materials & Structures, 20, 1-12.
6. Liao G. J., Gong X. L., Kang C. J., Xuan S. H. (2011), The design of an active-adaptive tuned vibration absorber based on magnetorheological elastomer and its vibration attenuation performance, Smart Materials and Structures, 20:75015-75024.
7. Maia N. M. M. (1999), Modal Identification Methods in the Frequency Domain, Modal Analysis and Testing, 363, 251-264.
8. Olmos B. A., Roesset J. M. (2010), Evaluation of the half-power bandwidth method to estimate damping in system without real modes, Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 39, 1671-1686.
9. Umbach D., Jones K. (2003), A Few Methods for Fitting Circles to Data, Instrumentation and Measurement, 52, 1881-1885.
10. Zhu Z. Q., Howe D. (2001), Halbach permanent magnet machines and applications: a review, IEE Proceedings - Electric PowerApplications, Vol. 148, No. 4, 299-308.