Thermal analysis of laser processes can be used to predict thermal stresses and consequently deformation in a completed part. Analysis of temperature is also the basic for feedback of laser processing parameters in manufacturing. The quality of laser sintered parts greatly depends on proper selection of the input processing parameters, material properties and support creation. In order to relatively big heat stress in the built part during sintering process, the thermal simulation and thermal analysis, which could help better understand and solve the issue of parts deformations is very important. Main aim of presented work is to prepare input parameters for thermal simulations by the use of RadTherm software (Thermoanalytics Inc., USA), directly during the sintering process and after the process and find out the impact of the heat stress on a final shape and size of the prototype. Subsequently, an annealing process of constructed products after DMLS could be simulated and specified.
1. Baojun ZHAO, Fazhong Shi, (2002), Modeling of Selective Laser Sintering for PC Powder, Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol.28, No. 6, 660-663.
2. Contuzzi,N.,Campanelli,S.L., et al. (2011), 3D Finite element analysis in the selective laser melting process, Int. J. Simul Model, Vol. 10, No. 3, 113-121.
3. Jiang Wei, Dalgarno K.W., et al. (2002), Finite Element Analysis of Residual Stresses and Deformations in Direct Metal SLS Process, [cited on 2012-10-18], available at: http://edge.rit.edu/content/P10551/public/SFF/SFF%202002%20Proceedings/2002%20SFF%20Papers/38-Jiang.pdf
4. Jiangui Li, Yusheng Shi, et al. (2008), Numerical Simulation of Transient Temperature Field in Selective Laser Melting, China Mechanical Engineering, Vol 19, No. 20, 2492-2495.
5. Kolossov S., Boillat E., et al. (2004), 3D FE simulation for temperature evolution in the selective laser sintering process, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 44, No. 2-3, 117-123.
6. Kruth J.P., Wang X., et al. (2003), Lasers and materials in selective laser sintering, Assembly Automation, Vol. 23, No. 4, 357 - 371.
7. Kulesza E., Dabrowski J.R., Sidun J., Neyman A., Mizera J. (2012) Fretting wear of materials - Methodological aspects of research, Acta Mechanica et Automatica, Vol. 6, No. 3, 58-61.
8. Lewis R. W., et al. (2004), Fundamentals of the Finite Element Method for Heat and Fluid Flow, Wiley, 356.
9. Lienhard IV, H. J., Lienhard V, H. J., (2012), A Heat Transfer Textbook, Fourth Edition, Phlogiston PressCambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
10. Praslička D., Blažek J., Šmelko M., Hudák J., Čverha A., Mikita I., Varga R., Zhukov A., (2013), Possibilities of measuring stress and health monitoring in materials using contact-less sensor based on magnetic microwires, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 49 (1), art. no. 6392407, 128-131.
11. RadTherm® Heat Transfer Analysis Software, [cited on 2012-10-18], available at: http://www.thermoanalytics.com/products/radtherm
12. Sidun J., Da browski J.R., (2009), Bone ingrowth processes on porous metallic implants, Diffusion and Defect Data Pt.B: Solid State Phenomena, Volume 147-149, 776-781.
13. Simchi A. (2006), Direct laser sintering of metal powders: Mechanism, kinetics and microstructural features, Materials Science and Engineering: A 428, Vol. 1, No. 2, 148-158.
14. SINTERING OF METALS. [cited on 2012-10-18], available at: http://www.substech.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=sinteringofmetals
15. Vozda M., Sekora M., Penhaker M., (2012), Precise Temperature Stabilizing System of Liquids for the Purpose Biomedical Alications, Journal Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol.18, No. 10, 29 - 32.
16. Wang X. C., Laoui T., et al. (2002), Direct Selective Laser Sintering of Hard Metal Powders: Experimental Study and Simulation, Int J Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.19, 351-357.
17. Zeng, K. Pal, D. Stucker, B. (2012), A review of thermal analysis methods in Laser Sintering and Selective Laser Melting, [cited on 2012-10-18], available at: http://utwired.engr.utexas.edu/lff/symposium/proceedingsArchive/pubs/Manuscripts/2012/2012-60-Zeng.pdf
18. Zhang D. Q., Cai Q. Z., et al. (2010), Select laser melting of W-Ni- Fe powders: simulation and experimental study, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 51, No. 5-8, 649-658.