The paper reports the results of tests carried out for kinematic properties determination of components under cyclic loading. DIC system called 5M PONTOS was employed to follow variations of displacement versus time. It was conducted by the use of markers stuck on selected sections of components tested. The results are presented in 2D and 3D coordinate systems expressing behaviour of such elements as: mechanical coupling device, boat frame and car engine. These data enabled to capture weak and strong sections of the component examined at various loading conditions.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Baqersada J. Carra J. Lundstroma T. Niezrecki Ch. Avitabilea P. Slattery M. (2012) Dynamic characteristics of a wind turbine blade using 3D digital image correlation Health Monitoring of Structural and Biological Systems 2012 edited by Tribikram Kundu Proc. of SPIE 8348.
2. Berger H. Klein M. Lambert F. Levadoux B. (2010) Optical Vibration Measurement and Frequency Response Analysis on Large Structures under Multiple Excitation Load Conditions Proceedings of ISMA2010 including USD2010 1693–1702.
3. Bornert M. Brémand F. Doumalin P. Dupré J.-C. Fazzini M. Grédiac M. Hild F. Mistou S. Molimard J. Orteu J.-J. Robert L. Surrel Y. Vacher P. Wattrisse B. (2009) Assessment of Digital Image Correlation Measurement Errors: Methodology and Results Experimental Mechanics 49 353–370.
4. Brinkmann Ch. Haberland J. Böttinger S. Erne O. Sanow G. (2007) Optical 3D Measuring System for Investigating Tyre Deformations Tractor Technology 62(5) 326–327.
5. Chu T.C. Ranson W.F. Sutton M.A. Peters W.H. (1985) Applications of digital-image-correlation techniques to experimental mechanics Experimental Mechanics 232–244.
6. Creager C. Johnson K. Plant M. Moreland S. Skonieczny K. (2015) Push–pull locomotion for vehicle extrication Journal of Terramechanics 57 71–80.
7. Gower M.R. Shaw R.M. (2006) Towards a planar cruciform specimen for biaxial characterization of polymer matrix composites Applied Mechanics and Materials 24–25 115–120.
8. Kamaya M. Kawakubo M. (2011) A procedure for determining the true stress–strain curve over a large range of strains using digital image correlation and finite element analysis Mechanics of Materials 43 243–253.
9. Long X. Fu S. Qi Z. Yang X. Yu Q. (2012) Digital image correlation using stochastic parallel-gradient-descent algorithm Experimental Mechanics DOI 10.1007/s11340-012-9667-4.
10. Szymczak T.Kowalewski Z.L. Brodecki A. (2016a) Determination of artificial defects in material under monotonic tension by the use of FEM and DIC methods Materials Today: Proceedings 3 1171–1176.
11. Szymczak T. Kowalewski Z.L. Brodecki A. (2016b) Digital Image Correlation method for investigations of materials and engineering structures Technical Suspervision (Dozór Techniczny) 4 22–3 (in Polish).
12. Toussaint F. Tabourot I. Vacher P. (2008) Experimental study with a Digital Image Correlation (DIC) method and numerical simulation of an anisotropic elastic-plastic commercially pure titanium Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering VIII 3 131–143.
13. Regulation No 55 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UN/ECE) — Uniform provisions concerning the approval of mechanical coupling components of combinations of vehicles 28.08.2010.