The article discusses typical, operational systems for monitoring vibrations of jet engines, which constitute the propulsion of combat aircraft of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland. After that, the paper presents the stage of installing vibration measuring sensors in the direct area of one of the jet engine bearings, which is a support system for its rotor. The article discusses results of carried out analyses of data gathered during tests of the engine in the conditions a jet engine test bed. Results of detecting damages to the bear-ing, using sensors built in the direct area will be presented.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Bloke M., Mitchel W., (1972), Vibration and acoustic measurement handbook, New York, Spartan Books, Chapter 22.
2. Cempel C. (1989), Vibroacoustics used, PWN, Warsaw, (in Polish).
3. Dwojak J., Rzepiela M., (2003), Diagnostics and maintenance of rolling bearings, Guidance, Technical Diagnostics, Warsaw, (in Polish).
4. Muthukumarasamy A., Ganeriwala S., (2009), Diagnosis of Rolling Element Bearing Faults using Envelope analysis, SpectraQuest Tech Note.
5. Randall R., (2011), Vibration-based Condition Monitoring. Industrial, Aerospace and automotive applications, Willey and Sons, Ltd, Publication.
6. Żokowski M., Spychała J., Majewski P. (2015), The Use of the Vibroacoustic Method for Monitoring the Technical Condition of Aero Engines with Extended Time between Overhauls, Solid State Phenomena, 220, 283-288.
7. Żokowski M., Spychała J., Szczekala M., (2009), Diagnosis of the jet-propelled engine by vibration analysis, Transport Problems, 4(3), Part 2, 75-81.
8. Engine 88. Technical description and operating manual (1995) (in Polish).
9. Engine 89. Technical description (1988) (in Polish).
10. Engine D-30KU-154. Technical description and operating manual, (1992) (in Polish).
11. Helicopter Mi-24D. Technical description. Avionics. Poznan (1981) (in Polish).
12. Report of the Division for Aeroengines of Air Force Institute of Technology (2011), execution of the development project no. OR00010209, concluded between the Minister of Education and Higher Education and the Director of the Air Force Institute of Technology (in Polish).