The article concerns the issue of applying computer-aided systems of the maintenance of technical objects in difficult conditions. Difficult conditions shall be understood as these in which the maintenance takes place in a specific location making it hard or even preventing from using a computer. In these cases computers integrated with workwear should be used, the so-called wearable computers, with which the communication is possible by using hand gestures. The results of the analysis of the usefulness of one of methods of image recognition based on Viola-Jones algorithm were described. This algorithm enables to obtain the model of recognised image which might be used as a pattern in the application programme detecting a certain image.
3. Fawcett T.: An introduction to ROC analysis. “Pattern Recognition Letters” 27, 2006.
4. Golański P., Perz-Osowska M., Szczekala M.: A demonstration model of a mobile expert system with augmented reality user interface supporting M-28 aircraft maintenance. “Journal of KONBIN”, Iss. 3(31), 2014.
5. Rembała M.: Wykrywanie gestów z wykorzystaniem Microsoft Kinect, praca dyplomowa inżynierska. Politechnika Warszawska, 2013.
6. Viola P., Jones M.: Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features. “Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition CVPR 2001”, Vol. 3(1), 2001.
7. Wang Y., An Analysis of the Viola-Jones Face Detection Algorithm. “Image Processing On Line”, Iss. 4, 2014.
8. Wilkowski P.: Wykorzystanie algorytmu detekcji i lokalizacji w zadaniu chwytania, praca magisterska. Politechnika Warszawska, 2009.