Measurements of Residual Magnetic Field RMF (the tangential component parallel to the load direction) were taken on the surface of P91 steel plate samples (X10CrMoVNb9-1) subjected to periodic pulsating tensile cyclic loads with the use of flux-gate and magneto impedance sensors, and preliminary measurement results are compiled and analyzed. The study investigates how the microstructure and load cycle parameters affect the RMF changes due to stress variations. Each combination of parameters: microstructure and load cycle corresponds to the characteristic variability pattern of magnetization and its maximum and minimum values.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Roskosz M. Metal magnetic memory testing of welded joints of ferritic and austenitic steels NDT&E International 44 (2011) 305–310 doi:10.1016/j.ndteint.2011.01.008
2. Roskosz M. Bieniek M. Evaluation of residual stress in ferromagnetic steels based on residual magnetic field measurements NDT&E International 45 (2012) 55–62 doi:10.1016/j.ndteint.2011.09.007
3. Kwaśniewski J Roskosz M. Witoś M. Molski Sz. Applications of magnetometric sensors based on amorphous materials in diagnostics of wire ropes. Archives of Mining Sciences 63 (1) (2018) 221–227.
4. Kwaśniewski J. Application of the wavelet analysis to inspection of compact ropes using a high-efficiency device. Archives of Mining Sciences 58(1) (2013) 159–164.
5. Sheng Bao Meili Fu Huangjie Lou Shuzhuang Bai: Defect identification in ferromagnetic steel based on residual magnetic field measurements. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 441 (2017) 590–597.
6. Juwei Zhang Xiaojiang Tan Pengbo Zheng: Non-Destructive Detection ofWire Rope Discontinuities from Residual Magnetic Field Images Using the Hilbert-Huang Transform and Compressed Sensing. Sensors 17 (2017) 608; doi:10.3390/s17030608
7. Stegemann R. Cabeza S. Lyamkina V. Brunoa G. Pittner A. Wimpory R. Boin M. Kreutzbruck M. Residual stress characterization of steel TIG welds by neutron diffraction and by residual magnetic stray field mappings. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 426 (2017) 580–587.
8. Haihong Huang and Zhengchun Qian Effect of Temperature and Stress on Residual Magnetic Signals in Ferromagnetic Structural Steel. IEEE Transactions On Magnetics 53(1) (2017).
9. Haihong Huang Zhengchun Qian Cheng Yang Gang Han Zhifeng Liu Magnetic memory signals of ferromagnetic weldment induced by dynamic bending load. Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation 32(2) 166–184 DOI: 10.1080/10589759.2016.1159307
10. Haihong Huang Gang Han Zhengchun Qian Zhifeng Liu Characterizing the magnetic memory signals on the surface of plasma transferred arc cladding coating under fatigue loads. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 443 (2017) 281–286.
11. Venkatachalapathi N. Jameelbasha S.MD Janardhan Raju G. Raghavulu P. Characterization of Fatigued Steel States with Metal Magnetic Memory Method. Materials Today Proceedings 5 (2018) 8645–8654.
12. Jiles D. C. AthertonD. L. Theory of ferromagnetic hysteresis J.Magn. Magn. Mater. 61 (1986) 48–61.
13. Jiles D. C. Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. London: Chapman and Hall 1991.
14. Jiles D. C. Theory of the Magnetomechanical Effect J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 28 (1995) 1537 1546.