The paper describes processes of metal parts edges deburring and surface of metal samples polishing with ceramic tools based on fibre aluminium oxide. It presents the construction of basic types of tools and their practical industrial applications, and evaluates the influence of machining parameters on surface roughness. An important advantage of the used tools is the possibility of deburring and machining of external flat and shaped surfaces as well as internal surfaces and even deep drilled holes. These tools can be practically used for machining all construction materials. The results of machining of selected engineering materials, such as aluminium 5052 and 2017A, Inconel 718, non-alloy steel, in various variants of machining parameters are presented. The influence of machining parameters on machined surface roughness was described.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Burakowski T. Wierzchoń T. Inżynieria powierzchni metali. WNT Warsaw 1995.
2. LOESER company materials.
3. Iwaszko J. Kudła K. Szafarska M. Remelting treatment of the non-conductive oxide coatings by means of the modified GTAW method Surface and Coatings Technology 206 (2012) 2845-2850.
4. Górka J. Czupryński A. The properties and structure of arc sprayed coatings alloy of Fe-Cr-Ti-Si-Mn International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies 8 (2016) 35-40.
5. Czupryński A. Selected properties of the thermally sprayed oxide ceramic coatings Advances in Materials Science 15 (3) (2015) 17-32.
6. Pan S. Wang N. Xiong D. Deng Y. Shi Y. Fabrication of superhydrophobic coating via spraying method and its applications in anti-icing and anti-corrosion Applied Surface Science 389 (2016) 547-553.
7. Czupryński A. Górka J. Adamiak M. Tomiczek B. Testing of flame sprayed Al2O3 matrix coatings containing TiO2 Archives of Metallurgy and Materials 61 (3) (2016) 1363-1370.
8. Bartmański M. Berk A. Wójcik A. The determinants of morphology and properties of the nanohydroxyapatite coating deposited on the Ti13Zr13Nb alloy by electrophoretic technique Advances in Materials Science 16 (3) (2016) 56-66.
9. Świercz R. Oniszczuk-Świercz D. Experimental investigation of surface layer properties of high thermal conductivity tool steel after electrical discharge machining Metals 7 (2017) 550.
10. Samardžiová M. Neslušan M. Roughness improvement in hard turning when changing cutting parameters and using differently shaped ceramic tools Applied Mechanics and Materials 474 (2014) 345-350.
11. Swiatkowski K. Cacko R. Investigation of new wax-based model materials simulating metal working process Journal of Materials Processing Technology 72 (1997) 267-271.
12. Makarov V.F. Vinogradov A.V. Nurtdinov A.V. Automated polishing of sharp edges on gas-turbine components by abrasive polymer brushes Russian Engineering Research 32 (2012) 102-107.
13. Bańkowski D. Spadło S. Influence of the Smoothing Conditions in Vibro-Abrasive for Technically Dry Friction the Parts Made of Steel X160CRMOV121 Proceedings of 25th International Conference on Metallurgy and Materials METAL 2016 1019-1024.
14. Chmielewski T. Golański D. Włosiński W. Zimmerman J. Utilizing the energy of kinetic friction for the metallization of ceramics Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences - Technical Sciences 63 (1) (2015) 201-207.
15. Dou W. Nitzan A. Subotnik J.E. Frictional effects near a metal surface The Journal of Chemical Physics 143 (2015) 054103.
16. Chmielewski T. Golański D. Włosiński W. Metallization of ceramic materials based on the kinetic energy of detonation waves Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences - Technical Sciences 63 (2) (2015) 449-456.