The cellular structure and unique properties of aluminum foams are the reason of problems concerning their cutting and bonding. The content of the paper includes characterization of the essence of properties and application of aluminum foams, limitations and chances of aluminum foams soldering. The aim of the research is consideration of possibilities and problems of soldering AlSi foams and AlSi - SiC composite foams as well as mechanical properties. The possibility of soldering AlSi foams and AlSi - SiC composite foams using ZnAl solders was confirmed and higher tensile strength of the joint than the parent material was ascertained
4. Dyga R.: Filling the flow parameters of the porous foamed steel [in Polish] Inżynieria i Aparatura Chemiczna 49 2 (2010) 33-34.
5. Bernard H. W. Bergmann Ch. Haberling H. Haldenwanger G.: Joining technologies for Alfoam- Al-Sheet Compound Structures Advanced Engineering Materials No. 10 4 (2002).
6. Ambroziak A. Lange A. Derlukiewicz W. Mosińska S.: Brazing of aluminium and its alloys [in Polish] Przegląd Spawalnictwa 2 (2009) 10-14.
7. Nowacki J. Grabian J. Krajewski S.: Problems brazing of aluminium foams [in Polish] Przegląd Spawalnictwa 1 (2014) 7-12.
8. Ashby M.F. Evans A.G. Fleck N.A. Gibson L. J. Hutchinson J. W. and Wadley H.N.G.: Metal Foams: A Design Guide 2000.
9. Processing and Properties of Alulight®Aluminum Foams and Sandwich Panels for Shipboard Applications National Shipbuilding Research Program Panel on Product Development and Materials Technology Biloxi MS 14 February 2008.
10. Sedliaková N. Simančík F. Kováčik J. Minár P.: Joining of Aluminium Foams Institute of Materials & Machine Mechanics SAS Bratislava Slovakia.
11. Simancik F. Rajner W. and Laag R.: Alulight - Aluminium foam for lightweight construction SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-0337 Warrendale: SAE Inc. (2000) 31-38.
12. Bernard T. Bergmann H. W. Haberling C. Haldenwanger H. G.: Joining technologies for Alfoam- Al-Sheet Compound Structures Advanced Engineering Materials No. 10 4 (2002) 798-802.